About cleaning the house

dangerwit

Mar 20, 2014
Okay, my baby sun is coming in about 5 days (I hope -- it's KILLING me to wait), and I am hopeful you good folks would help me with a cleaning question or two.

My bird will be in (essentially) the corner of our house, which is around 2500 sq ft. Our living room and dining room adjoin, and because we spend our time there, Phoebe will be hanging out there too. The size/location could* be relevant for my questions, I don't know.

1. We sometimes use things like Pledge Wipes to polish off the hardwood, and sometimes the occasional Wet Jet Swiffer thing on our tile. I understand not using an aerosol can, but are the wipes safe to use in the house, so long as birdie doesn't get in contact with the surface while it's wet?

2. My other question is if we use wipes, Wet Jet, or bathroom cleaner, is it enough to close a door with the fan on? Could I move the bird to an opposite corner of the house and keep her in a different cage?

I am primarily concerned with cleaning/polishing things that a bird-safe cleaner can't do. I already do have non-toxic cleaner that is explicitly noted to be bird-safe, but I'm thinking more like polishing or getting a hardwood floor shiny, or streak-free glass cleaning.

I've tried finding these things in a bird-safe solution, but come up empty. I do want to polish and maybe use cleaning wipes if I can.

*Phil

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
How exciting only 5 more days !!!!

I use Mr Min (something similar to Wet Jet Swiffer) on our tiles and glass wall unit.

I make sure there is enough fresh air going through the lounge (leaving a balcony door open). Been doing this for years and never ever had a problem.

You are spot on saying..... so long as birdie doesn't get in contact with the surface while it's wet?

Most Reactions