Chris Winkler

Oct 8, 2010
Media
NW Pennsylvania
Parrots
Echo TAG,
Kodak Wt Face Tiel &
Tobi Male Ekkie
So you probably already figured out my name is Chris Winkler LOL.

I am a 46 yr old crazy bird lady living in Erie Pa. USA :42:

I work 2 jobs. I am a Registered Nurse and currently work in Long Term Care. Before that I worked in the ICU setting for 15+ yrs. Plus I own a home based jewelry business and hope to open a little store at some point when the time is right.

My first bird was a cockatiel named Amigo whom was the start of my becoming a crazy bird lady.. He was lost at about 2 yrs of age when he followed me out the door on a very cold February day. What a heart brake that was... I know he froze to death because he disappeared the moment he went out the door.

After that I had my first parrot a wild caught Goffen Too that ended up having Beak n Feather and did not live long due to the fact I had him put down after his beak had (for lack of a better word) rotted away to the extent he was not able to eat.

Then my First CAG named Tess who I lost in a divorce she is about 20yrs old currently and very happy living in Florida with my ex husband.

Then came Echo my TAG who will turn 4 on 10/20 and my Wt Face Tiel named Kodak who is about 2 yrs old.

I then rescued Vern who turned out to be a DNA hen that came to me at 21yrs of age. She never really bonded with me and when she fell in love with my friend Sue I just had to let her have her. She has since laid her first egg as I had posted a few days ago.

After several years of reading and dreaming I just recently brought home my baby boy Ekkie Tobi.

All 3 of my FIDS are males.

I also have 2 big goofy Golden Retrievers named Maddie (8yrs) and Murphy(6yrs) and 2 cats Bob (9yrs) and Tom (6yrs).

Needless to say Yes I have a zoo and a ton of fur and feathers in my home at all times

I also have 5 children with only one left at home for she is 15 yrs old. No grandchildren as of yet but more then ready for them.

So in a nut shell I do have quite a bit of experience with our Feathered babies and hope I can add to the awesome info on this forum and learn as much as possible form you guys as well.

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
He Chris and welcome to you and your zoo. My goodness you must be very busy. I live in Md. not too far away from you.
Hope you can send us some videos or photos of your group.
We are a wonderful group of bird and animals lovers from all over the world. You have a free pass to take a ride with us.

Pheonix Rising

Oct 9, 2010
New Zealand
Parrots
Pheonix-Alexandrine parrot
1 September 2010
mikki- barrarand x king parrot
21yrs young ;)
Sounds kinda like my house
2 kids 7 & 17months boys ( or demolishion kids as we call them )
2 dogs
1 cat
2 birds
2 turtles
and a hubby

Most Reactions

Latest posts