xreinx

xreinx

May 24, 2011
Alaska
Parrots
-no parrots yet-
I do have two cats -Riply & Nano bites-
four snakes- china, dip & stick, and Grand Chahee-
Glass might cost more, but I think I might use glass, the strong stuff, like shower quality, it might be heavy, but Id rather have that forever then have to replace the cage after a few years.

is 3x4x5 feet tall too big for a african grey? (or any bird, Im not counting my chicks before I get them)

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
That's a good size. The first one I made was 7ft tall, im 5'11 so I needed tall enough for me to walkin for cleaning. Plexiglass is very strong and sturdy! Cause if you do glass, you really have to build your frame extra strong as glass is very heavy. The way I had it made, I can replace the sheets without having to take the framing apart.

OP
xreinx

xreinx

May 24, 2011
Alaska
Parrots
-no parrots yet-
Is plexiglass better then Acrylic? Acrylic is vary expensive up here, the Idea I want is bigger then the normal size of plexiglass, normally it costs 50 dollars for a 4 by 3 sheet up here.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
I forgot your in Alaska.... here in the hardware stores you can buy big sheets of plexi-glass for reasonable cost. You can buy them from glass shops too!!

OP
xreinx

xreinx

May 24, 2011
Alaska
Parrots
-no parrots yet-
yea, the glass shop is where I plan on getting it when its time, right now im scooting around with a "base" rolling that around and watching the cats play on it. I am still looking for a breeder but so far no luck.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
If its on rollers I wouldn't walk in to clean. Like the one I have now is on rollers. I like it cause I can move it around to clean. But not practical if I can't walk in to clean. Cleaning my cage is a pain cause its like 8ft longx30" widex7ft tall.

OP
xreinx

xreinx

May 24, 2011
Alaska
Parrots
-no parrots yet-
most of my house is going to be a cage, so hopfully I can train this one to poo in a can, I am only building the play/day cage so she has a safe place to stay while I am at work. (it will also be the place where shes going to be eating)

Most Reactions

Latest posts