adopting a umbrella cockatoo tomorow

[email protected]

Feb 17, 2011
Lehighton,PA
Parrots
I have a 6 month old Green Cheek Conure her name is Abby. I also have a cat named Chloe'.
Tomorow i am adopting a umbrella cockatoo tomorow. My husband and i are adding this new beautiful girl to our family. I was wondering does anyone have any advice on introducing my 7 month old Green Cheek Conure to this new addition to our family.
Our GCC conure is very friendly to us and our daughters My husband and i just want to make sure this introduction for both our feathered babies to one another goes as well as it can.
For their own sake, so their both comfortable and happy. Our feathered babies are not just pets but are our childern!!
Any advice will be greatly appricated!!:green2::white1:

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Before you introduce them, you need to make sure you quarantine your newest addition! Then after that, let them meet slowly. Just be patient introducing them together. Not all birds are friendly to one another.

Conurekidd

Mar 30, 2011
Southern Calif
Parrots
YC Amazon Sampson

Sun Conure Bella

Cinn Green Cheek Conure Rexx
Yea quarantine is absulty first step. By the time that's over they have heard enough of eachother to not be to surpized. Now the size difference is huge. And given the gcc huge assertive personality your gonna have to look out for. Your too may love your gcc. But you have to respect the boundrys of the little guy. They get timmid very easily. ESP to a large breed. I love cockatoos and hope to have one with in the next few years.
Post lots of pics and updates. Congrats to the new pair of wings.

Most Reactions