African Grey Books

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
One great book is Alex and me, I learned a lot about bird intelligence in general from reading that. It's not too long either, I read it in one sitting. A fun thing I used to do, and still do sometimes, is go to a library and grab all the interest parrot books I can find. Then I sit and read them all. Be aware that a lot of books have out of date information, for example, one book says to pull out a tail feather if a bird bites.

If you have the money, check out the total transformation course from bird tricks.

OP
C

cthulhus_minion

Jan 28, 2013
Arkansas
Parrots
Blue Crown Conure
Is that a computer course on parrots or a book? And I'll be sure to look for the first book you suggested too.

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
Is that a computer course on parrots or a book? And I'll be sure to look for the first book you suggested too.

It's a incredible series of DVDs/book series about how to raise a bird right, and transform the worst behaved birds into being well behaved. It comes with 18 DVDs and 15 books to accompany the DVDs. It's the most advanced parrot training series on the market today. It's $297, a little steep but for all the knowledge brought together it's pretty great.

Last edited:

leomacaw

Jul 13, 2010
Hong Kong
Parrots
2 Greys, 2 Yellow Sided Conures, 1 Jardine's & 1 Lovebird.
indeed, u can search online, there are tons of websites or materials.

lotosha

Jun 29, 2012
Parrots
A pair of cockatiels
And pair of African Greys
I have an "african grey handbook"by Mattie Sue Athan.
I think it's a good book to read before purchasing the AG.

OP
C

cthulhus_minion

Jan 28, 2013
Arkansas
Parrots
Blue Crown Conure
Thanks, soon as I get paid I'm going to buy some so I'll be ready when my breeder has some available.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920

Most Reactions