African grey eating pinkie mice??

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
Well, I got a reply to the questionnaire I filled out. I just replied that I have family out there that will come visit! Drama increases!

hanks for your info am happy with the information and i would have really love to let you have the both babies but the male has just found a lovely home in Ohio only the female left
-She is house and potty trained
-She eats 2 times daily
-She loves her fruits and vegetable with her own parrot food-She is very good taint bird
-She is socialized with kids and other houses hold pets and she loves music
-She comes on shoulders and walks around, she loves her bath she can say hello Peekaboo and she shouts makes funny sounds
-She has red on her feathers Maggie is a very lovely bird
-She likes to be kissed.
-Their height ranges between
30-33 CM and they can weigh 400-410 Grams at full growth
-She is very playful with kids and other animals around.
My wife and I have decided to give out this bird to anyone who is ready to take good care of her and we are happy you are willing to do that for her. All we need from you is your love for the baby. I really wanted to meet with you so you can pick up yourself but since you are not in our area I don't know if you will make up the ride to come to pick up today or tomorrow. We just relocate some few weeks ago to Los Angeles CA . Better still if you wouldn't make it up, she can be registered to a nearby pets transportation company and will be home delivered to you okay

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Parrots
This is one of the other ads!

Adorable And Loving African Grey Parrot
@%#%I have male and female playful African Grey Parrot 100% Het Albino ready to go to her new home. Her name is ā€¦... Currently feeding pinkies weekly. Very friendly with a curious personality.
Perfect for first-time owners. Very low maintenance and easy to care for. She is very used to being handled regularly. This is one of the cutest snake species out there. They stay relatively small which is good thing for those not looking to get a huge tank in there home.Female African Grey Parrotare very docile. They are very fun to watch and have around.Poop Trained Intelligent African Grey Parrot,They are perfectly healthy. Comes with large solid wrought iron cage in excellent condition. Absolutely no damage and no rust. (The top opens into a play area and there is a balcony) All the accessories included. Along with a 2 month supply of food. The price is a steal for a African Grey Parrot this young and large cage! Please only experienced African Grey Parrot owners for my baby. Thank you. Serious inquiries only.I literally just bought them last months ago, and now have fallen onto hard times. It pains me to give them but I'd rather they go to a home now while their young and impressionable so that he can bond to a new owner. they are 3 month old pups trained, social, quiet, loves their toys and their cage. they are already put together sentences, will be a good player. they are not scared of dogs. Is weaned onto pellets, and enjoys fresh fruit. Both of them will go for $ pair dropoff cost $with make total of $ including their cage and all accessories.
Beautiful male female Parrot for rehoming. She is such a unique little girl African Grey Parrot short haired African Grey Parrot. She has one cute eye beautiful color and chest Rehoming fee Low price only here small dollars . She comes with her health check from the vet, 1st Parrot shots, worming @ weeks, and her dew claws have been removed. She will be ready for her forever home May 10th For more info and pics of parents text me..

Edit: photo search,
parrot-bird.com

grey-parrot-pictures.html - First found on Apr 24, 2016
Filename: congo-Grey-Parrot-92.jpg (1024 x 768, 129.2 KB)

Result image
europeslist.com

for-sale-ads/adorable-intelligent-afr... - First found on May 20, 2015
item/mark/repeated/6661 - First found on Jun 01, 2015
view all 5 matches

Last edited:

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
I just responded to his add..pleading with him to sell me his two babies!:eek:;)

Lets see where this goes!

Jim

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Never heard of a captive parrot getting anything more thsn the rare bite of well cooked chicken

My moms DYH goes after spiders and insects if she sees one that got in the house. My mom tries to stop her but sometimes she gets hold of one and eats it:eek: I wouldnā€™t be shocked if she went after something small like a lizard or mouse too, though more to play with than eat.

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Parrots
The drama intensifies!
The seller just went quiet when I said I have family in his new location, so I just dropped him a new note!
Jim, you and I are going to have a real battle over this!

I must say, except for the fact that he has no idea what a parrot is, he has a good spin!

Casper223, if this is you pulling another prank, I will find you!

Hi!
I spoke to my brother, John. He is good with coming your way! He has a van, so if everything works out, we are ready to provide Maggie with her forever home!
I am so excited, but at the same time, sad for your tough times! I insist we help cover your loses! I am also very interested in all of the birdie stuff you no longer need!
I will call you a little later today to finalize all the details! This is so awesome!

David
Sent from my iPad

On Jul 18, 2019, at 3:28 PM, Raymond white <[email protected]> wrote:

hanks for your info am happy with the information and i would have really love to let you have the both babies but the male has just found a lovely home in Ohio only the female left
-She eats 2 times daily
-She loves her fruits and vegetable with her own parrot food-She is very good taint bird
-She comes on shoulders and walks around, she loves her bath she can say hello Peekaboo and she shouts makes funny sounds
-She likes to be kissed.
My wife and I have decided to give out this bird to anyone who is ready to take good care of her and we are happy you are willing to do that for her. All we need from you is your love for the baby. I really wanted to meet with you so you can pick up yourself but since you are not in our area I don't know if you will make up the ride to come to pick up today or tomorrow. We just relocate some few weeks ago to Los Angeles CA . Better still if you wouldn't make it up, she can be registered to a nearby pets transportation company and will be home delivered to you okay

On Thu, Jul 18, 2019 at 8:15 PM David <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi!

- Have you owned a pet before?
Yes
- Do you have a vet doctor?
Yes!
- Where precisely are you located?
Florida
- Are you a breeder?
Never!
- Will you take both babies or just one? if one what sex?
Would like both, but one works too!
- Do you have pets loving children at home?
No children
- Give me a Brief Description of your Environment?
Single family home(owned)
- Will you take good care of the babies like your own child?
Absolutely!

Sent from my iPad

> On Jul 18, 2019, at 3:08 PM, Raymond white <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> to...
>
> - Have you owned a pet before?
> - Do you have a vet doctor?
> - Where precisely are you located?
> - Are you a breeder?
> - Will you take both babies or just one? if one what sex?
> - Do you have pets loving children at home?
> - Give me a Brief Description of your Environment?
> - Will you take good care of the babies like your own child?

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

The drama intensifies!
The seller just went quiet when I said I have family in his new location, so I just dropped him a new note!

I must say, except for the fact that he has no idea what a parrot is, he has a good spin!

Hi!
I spoke to my brother, John. He is good with coming your way! He has a van, so if everything works out, we are ready to provide Maggie with her forever home!
I am so excited, but at the same time, sad for your tough times! I insist we help cover your loses! I am also very interested in all of the birdie stuff you no longer need!
I will call you a little later today to finalize all the details! This is so awesome!

David
Sent from my iPad

-She eats 2 times daily
-She likes to be kissed.

Hi!

Yes
Yes!
Florida
- Are you a breeder?
Never!
No children
Absolutely!

Sent from my iPad

>
> to...
>
> - Are you a breeder?

David...I just got a reply from this guy with the same questionnaire..trying to figure out how to attach his email to this thread :confused:
And according to his answer,he still has BOTH birds!
the plot thickens...

Jim

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

Response to guys add

Hello,
Thanks for the interest in regards to the Parrot I have for Re homing. There is a male ( Luckie ) and a female ( Maggie ). They are pure breed Top Quality Parrot and AFA registered, vet checked and will come with all papers needed. The Parrot are very playful and are all of the absolute temperament as they also love playing with kids and other animals, both Parrots are 15 weeks. We are giving the Parrots out for adoption with the no adoption fee because we just relocate to a non-pets apartment so we can't keep them any longer. We will be very willing to give you these Parrots/Parrot if you promise to never sell them! and we would like you to get back to us with answers to the questions below so we can have an idea of where the Parrots are going to...

- Are you a breeder?

At least with this information, We will get to know better where they will be going too. All we need is just a very caring and loving home for our babies where they will be well loved and spoiled to rotten. Thanks and will be waiting to read from you again. You can also text me through this number +1 (6013851397

So this is what he sent and I replied.

Jim

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Parrots
Sweet! He has gone MIA since I offered to pick Maggie up! I think I will email him and tell him there has been a change in plans, and my brother has been called out of town! And can he set up shipping!

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Parrots
New email sent!
Change in plans!

Hi,
Sorry for the delay! My brother just screwed me over and is going out of town on an extended trip! You said you have access to pet shippers? Is this safe? I have no idea how this works!
I still feel you must be reimbursed for all of this work! I am sure any little bit helps with your situation!

David
Sent from my iPad

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Parrots
They took the bait!
"Dear David, We are glad to hear from you and also feeling happy that the baby will find peace, joy and love at your place, yes we can get her registered at a nearby pet carrier company that will get her registered to your address without any problem all that is required is for you to take care of the transportation fee and that will cost $400 so you can either have the money sent to us so we can get every done or you have the money sent to the company once we get her registered which ever way you chose all we want is the best for the bird. We are ready to start the process once your ready. Thanks"

OP
Smerft85

Smerft85

Jun 10, 2019
Colorful Colorado with colorful birds
Parrots
6 budgies, 3 cockatiels, 1 amazon and two Indian ringnecks
You guys are so awesome, keeping this fella plenty busy so no one has time to actually send money. I imagine he is flooded with emails at this point, he won't even respond to me anymore.

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

I just sent him an email earlier telling him I'm on vacation in Las Vegas in my RV with my g/f and two birds ( I told him I'm retired and when I travel in the RV the birds ALWAYS go with me :D) I told him I have NO PROBLEM driving to where he is to pick up Maggie! ( I also told him my g/f name is Margret but I call her MAGGIE!) and that my g/f is SO excited in getting the bird,and I have no problem giving him a "fair" price for a rehoming fee and any toys/food that he wants to part with. Also told him "we" brought along a spare cage so Maggie will have her own comfy and SAFE place to be and that I'd much rather pick her up than have her travel on an airplane or pet transport vehicle so she doesn't feel scared or abandoned and she can get used to us and settle in.
I haven't gotten a reply yet!

Jim

dhraiden

Jul 14, 2015
Queens NY
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure (Mochi)
Gold Capped Conure (Mango)
ā€œYou are young yet, my friend,ā€ replied my host, ā€œbut the time will arrive when you will learn to judge for yourself of what is going on in the world, without trusting to the gossip of others. Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see.
-E.A. Poe, 1845

Casper223

Apr 27, 2019
Gulf Coast, Louisiana/Mississippi State Line S/E
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo "Zoey"
The drama intensifies!

Hi!

David
Sent from my iPad

-She eats 2 times daily
-She likes to be kissed.

Hi!

Yes
Yes!
Florida
- Are you a breeder?
Never!
No children
Absolutely!

Sent from my iPad

>
> to...
>
> - Are you a breeder?

Just seeing this David, I'm wondering what country he's from, and from reading the listing, sums up he has to be on some fairly good drugs..... In New Orleans they pull this scam, and when they meet they know exactly how much money they asked you to bring for the transaction, how convenient of these scammers to use people like a personal ATM and most get away with it. I can see from the listing his/her English isn't the greatest, I see a struggle their, and also seems to have some kinda weird breeding idea, as I almost thought the listing was between a part Gray and Snake of some sort. Truly this is a sad scam, but folks like us are much wiser, although he/she would appeal to our sympathy of wanting to rescue, rather than take over ownership David. Los Angeles in quite big, and police cannot be everywhere whilst this scammer plans a robbery. I'm only surprised he/she hasn't requested payment in Bit Coins...... Oh....and by the way David, lets just hope those Dew Claws don't grow back!

Casper223

Apr 27, 2019
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo "Zoey"
Sweet! He has gone MIA since I offered to pick Maggie up! I think I will email him and tell him there has been a change in plans, and my brother has been called out of town! And can he set up shipping!

Jim, you and David are cracking me up, since just seeing this post, allow me to check Craigs list, and hopefully we can set up a Three for all!! If nothing else, maybe I can outbid you two, and raise the ante for a bit of humor! I'll check and see what I can find, but I have to say I'm not very familiar with Craigs list, knowing thats a good place to put human life in Harms way, I prefer Letgo, or Facebook where at least I can verify a few things. Let me check it out, and see what he/she is peddling in New Orleans, but thinking again, New Orleans is so rough, he/she may be the one scammed here!

Casper223

Apr 27, 2019
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo "Zoey"
GQLhKOi.jpg

Upon further investigation, I can see he/she is brave enough to operate in New Orleans as well. Seems like it's time for me to inquire, but I also seen another add that was equally entertaining, as it started out as male and female English Bulldog puppies for sale, and somehow ended up with a sphinx kitten, and the mention of small rehoming fee must have appeared 10 times in the small post. This person is either running a Zoo, or is covering all bases so as not to miss a single opportunity to scam someone. Anyway, the pictured add is what I found in New Orleans under African Gray, no doubt it's either the same person, or someone else learning from the mentor..... I'll have to send an e-mail to confirm my suspicions.

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Parrots
Casper223, that photo in your ad has been used for almost 5 years!

I must say, in this case, except for phony photos, and ridiculous descriptions, these folks have both Jim and me on the edge of believing them! They are really good!

Last edited:

Casper223

Apr 27, 2019
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo "Zoey"
Casper223, that photo in your ad has been used for almost 5 years!

I must say, in this case, except for phony photos, and ridiculous descriptions, these folks have both Jim and me on the edge of believing them! They are really good!

Iā€™ve noticed on the ads in my area, there are no way to contact them, No E-mail, No Phone # etc... Iā€™m not sure if Craigslist removed them or not, Iā€™m not a fan of craigslist so really idk.... I hit the button yesterday asking for contact information so that I may inquire, but havenā€™t checked back in the ad yet to see if they updated it. Iā€™ve also noticed the same person running ads for dogs, cats, and bearded dragons, or I suspect itā€™s the same person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Most Reactions