Albie enjoying the sunshine!

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
He says : these are my toesies, I love my toesies, you can look at my toesies but you cannot touch my toesies.

Attachments

• IMG_20200509_093956.jpg
    IMG_20200509_093956.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 128

Jenv1990

May 2, 2020
Media
Albums
Montana
Parrots
GCC Mango
Awww she looks like my Mango. I have seen Mango doing that with her toes and was worried she was biting them lol. The breeder I got Mango from said not to let her outside, I guess she was wrong hehe. I think I am going to make another cage for Mango that can go outside.

lollipoppy

Mar 10, 2020
Canada
Parrots
Mama to Milo the Pineapple X Cinnamon GCC
He says : these are my toesies, I love my toesies, you can look at my toesies but you cannot touch my toesies.

Awww cute! The sun really shows all of his colors! Haha Milo has learned to use his toes too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
I bought him a travel cage so he can enjoy what little sun we get in the uk, and he loved it. I've secured it properly so he can't escape so I don't see why he can't enjoy it when it's nice.

lollipoppy

Mar 10, 2020
Canada
Parrots
Mama to Milo the Pineapple X Cinnamon GCC
I bought him a travel cage so he can enjoy what little sun we get in the uk, and he loved it. I've secured it properly so he can't escape so I don't see why he can't enjoy it when it's nice.

It’s really good for vitamin absorption. I’ve also heard birds are almost color blind without the UVA rays from the sun... though I’m not sure the validity of that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Lolli, I have not heard that before. Going to check it out.

Skritch, make sure you give him some shade to retreat to if he wants to. A little towel on the top of the cage.

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Wrench, I did make sure he had some shade and took him in after a little bit as it was his second time outside and don't want to overwhelm him so don't worry, my dog was a bugger for letting himself overheat.

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Awww, but we want to touch those toesies! They're such cute little toesies lol. :-D

My two occasionally hang on the side of the cage so I can touch their feet and say, "tickle tickle tickle," to get my attention. How can I resist THAT?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

chris-md

Feb 6, 2010
Maryland - USA
Parrots
Parker - male Eclectus

Aphrodite - red throated conure (RIP)
So cute!!<3

Not sure his surrounding environment, but something I’ve had to keep an eye on for my Ekkie outside is overhead flying thingies = potential predators. They can scare him. So when we go outside in a cage I will often put a towel on top of the cage to make him feel safer.

Albie may be different. Just keep an eye out for signs of fear you might have to allay.

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
So cute!!<3

Not sure his surrounding environment, but something I’ve had to keep an eye on for my Ekkie outside is overhead flying thingies = potential predators. They can scare him. So when we go outside in a cage I will often put a towel on top of the cage to make him feel safer.

Albie may be different. Just keep an eye out for signs of fear you might have to allay.

I don't leave him unattended, I'm too paranoid haha.

I keep a close eye on him and if he starts looking panicky I move him indoors.

He loves being out side sunning himself chirpping away and whistling to my neighbours much to the little girls delight.

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Awww, but we want to touch those toesies! They're such cute little toesies lol. :-D

My two occasionally hang on the side of the cage so I can touch their feet and say, "tickle tickle tickle," to get my attention. How can I resist THAT?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

His bite is how you resist! :D

Most Reactions