Im so proud of Albie and feel bad for her .

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
Although as i type this she just bit me hard and bruised my finger. I guess shes feeling frustrated .
go figure.

Any way.

She so desperately wants to be nova friend. She is constantly attempting to get close to her to preen her and nova just isnt having any of it .

Nova will hiss and scree and beak bash albie and albie just stands there and take it no aggressiveness in her body language just ,what i am probably projecting is, patience and incredible gentleness. She just stands there and wont budge ,and just tries to preen until nova takes flight even stretching over or under my hand when i feel nova is being too much .

She even bowed her head to nova to try and instigate scritches ,not from us, she chased our fingers away ,but from nova .

This is good right ??

Is there hope nova will respond in kind to Albie ?

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Although as i type this she just bit me hard and bruised my finger. I guess shes feeling frustrated .
go figure.

Any way.

She so desperately wants to be nova friend. She is constantly attempting to get close to her to preen her and nova just isnt having any of it .

Nova will hiss and scree and beak bash albie and albie just stands there and take it no aggressiveness in her body language just ,what i am probably projecting is, patience and incredible gentleness. She just stands there and wont budge ,and just tries to preen until nova takes flight even stretching over or under my hand when i feel nova is being too much .

She even bowed her head to nova to try and instigate scritches ,not from us, she chased our fingers away ,but from nova .

This is good right ??

Is there hope nova will respond in kind to Albie ?
Flock dynamics is a very difficult thing to predict. Albie is being SUCH a good girl to the newbie in her territory, and Nova is still very much in the settling in phase, and what's happening now may be totally different to what's happening in six months' time, or next month, or even next week. Take my changing flock for example - Val the budgie REALLY wanted to be friends with Lilly the purple-crowned lorikeet, but she'd fight him every chance she got and ended up nicking his eyelid with her claw in a fight and landed him in hospital :eek: Enter Lovejoy the varied lorikeet, Val tries the same thing with him and they have been the very best of friends almost from day 1, whereas Lovejoy and Jem the cockatiel were ok at the start but have grown to dislike each other intensely! Then there's Fang and Jem, Fang was not impressed at all when Jem turned up as an escapee in March of 2022 but now they follow each other everywhere. They're still not the very best of buds but relations between them are MUCH improved, although it has taken over a year for them to get where they are now. As for Peachie and Lovejoy - well just cue the theme from "Love Story" and that pretty much sums up what's going on with those two❤️‍🔥 So honestly, I'd think that as long as Albie and Nova learn to co-habit peacefully and don't end up actually being physically aggressive with each other, you're onto a winner!!

Last edited:
OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
Well they are progressing positively , they eat in close proximity to eachbother regularly, and are forming a diabolical mastermind team ,think pinky and the brain level of working together. Albie instigates the trouble nova follows along.

Nova actually attempted to preen albie but then chickened out and ran off! Albie is still trying to preen nova and sneeks a bit in when im giving nova scritches which is adorable to see her slowly creep over and slowly stretches to preen her .

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
Oh sweet Albie! I hope Nova accepts her in time.

Most Reactions

Latest posts