ATBirds

Sep 29, 2023
Parrots
Alexdarine Parrot, indian ring neck
hello everyone this is Rana Faran, i have a pair of Alexandrine parakeet, there ages and sex confirmed.
But the issue is female parakeet stayed in nest box only come out to eat food since a week before she started doing that but male only sit front of the nest box i checked female parakeet didn't lay eggs and why she is doing this. Is it normal any one can help me.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
OP
ATBirds

ATBirds

Sep 29, 2023
Parrots
Alexdarine Parrot, indian ring neck
Why any one reply?

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
hello everyone this is Rana Faran, i have a pair of Alexandrine parakeet, there ages and sex confirmed.
But the issue is female parakeet stayed in nest box only come out to eat food since a week before she started doing that but male only sit front of the nest box i checked female parakeet didn't lay eggs and why she is doing this. Is it normal any one can help me.

Thanks in advance
I would love more information. What did the female do or not do that you are concerned about? Did you post it in another thread?

Fluffonia

Aug 4, 2023
Media
Slovenia
Parrots
Red sided ekkie female -
Ruby
Hatchingday- 14th of May, 2023
It may because of Hormones! Always hormones! The female may have the pesky hormones but do you have any specific questions?

Niteldy

Oct 26, 2021
Media
Albums
Utah
Parrots
1 Alexandrine & 5 cockatiels
Why any one reply?
She is acting normal. I have a breeding pair of Alex's. Mine act this way too. They stay in the nest off and on.They lay 1 to 4 eggs. Then she lays eggs every 2 days, some lay every day IDK. Also MY male Stanley always perches outside the nest. Occasionally he will go into the nest to feed her if she decides to stay in the nest for days. Occasionally he will sleep with her in the nest. Just know that all of them have little differences. You should just sit back and relax and let nature take its course for now.

Most Reactions

Latest posts