Amazon likes me, but HATES my hands. Help?

OP
Dancake

Dancake

Mar 8, 2020
United States
Parrots
Bubby (U2)
Anyone have any ideas on what I should do when he bites while on my hand? He doesn't bite hard at all so it doesn't really hurt. I'm just not sure what to do about it or why he's doing it or what he's trying to tell me. I don't want to reinforce the behavior by immediately putting him back down, but I also don't want to keep him pissed off because I'm certain that's not good either.

I guess the best way to stop it is to prevent it, but I'm not sure what he wants because if I do try to put him down, he starts biting faster like he wants to stay on me. I'm not too sure if it's that he doesn't want on my hand at all, because I offer him to step up from pretty far away at first and he raises his foot very willingly like he wants to. And also, he always has a way off of my hand when I hold him, he could step off any time he wants.

He seems to bite less and less as time goes on, should I just keep completely ignoring it? I've never seen anyone else have this problem before. He really does seem to love me, he follows me around everywhere and hates it when I'm out of eyesight.

Most Reactions

Latest posts