4 way borbs

Sep 26, 2023
Media
Waukee Iowa USA
Parrots
Smokey | Athracite parakeet
Sky | cobalt, albino, yellow parakeet
Andy | Green texas clearwater
So I was reading when I heard a kinda swooshing sound coming from the bird cage and Andy was using her beak to move her food from the bowl to the bottom of her cage which is metal bars and below that the poop-floor-thingy. She just wasted food for one week! Is this just a bad habit? does she need more toys? is there anything wrong with her diet? is the food that's the issue? is she bored? I looked it up and can't find anything for budgies!

LeenM

Apr 11, 2024
Parrots
Glafrican grey
She’s just playing my African grey does this all the time he grabs the food with his foot and sometimes throws them out of his cage

OP
4 way borbs

4 way borbs

Sep 26, 2023
Media
Waukee Iowa USA
Parrots
She’s just playing my African grey does this all the time he grabs the food with his foot and sometimes throws them out of his cage
Still, should I get my bird more toys if she is going to keep on wasting food?

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
so like this video at 23 seconds in.....

it's fine just put it back.

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
like five chewable dangle toys, a climber, and I sometimes make my own
It sound like he has a good amount.. I like giving my birds shredding and foraging toys as it keeps them busy. Maybe that might help? I'm not sure.

OP
4 way borbs

4 way borbs

Sep 26, 2023
Media
Waukee Iowa USA
Parrots
It sound like he has a good amount.. I like giving my birds shredding and foraging toys as it keeps them busy. Maybe that might help? I'm not sure.
P.S Andy's a girl, not a boy, I noticed you said he- so just want to let you know 🙃

Keet_Krazy

Feb 19, 2023
Parrots
Budgies:
Obsidian (M), Snowflake (F), Sunbeam (F), Emelia (F, English), Alinta (F, Bush), Mahlee (M, Bush), Moonstone (M)
Galah:
Quarter (Not DNA'd)
Other:
Quail and Chickens
If it's a female doing it, it is probably hormonal behaviour. She might move on to sitting in the bowl and scratching it out.

OP
4 way borbs

4 way borbs

Sep 26, 2023
Media
Waukee Iowa USA
Parrots
Oops- my bad. Andy is usually a boy name so I assumed he was male lol
Technically, Andy is only her nickname(Andlly is her real one) like how someones name might be John but he goes by jack by everyone, it's like that with her. I loved dead names when I was a bit younger and foolish so I choosed that because it comes from Greek that means Brave.

A little tidbit about Andy(Or Andlly!)

Most Reactions

Latest posts