OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fargo- Blue and Gold Macaw
Fargo is a little unsure of him!

Cypher was down eating his breakfast this morning, Fargo just stood watching him.. Like- Tab.. I am fairly sure he shouldn't be here ;)

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
Tab,maybe Fargo is picking up on your dogs energy.Fargo would mirror any feelings the dog may have towards him, ie: being unsure, nervous etc....

Fargo is a very relaxed bird, so hopefully both will become friends, it will just take time.

Kalidasa

May 8, 2013
Media
Michigan
Parrots
1 green cheek conure (Kumar)
2 male budgies (Charlie and Diego)
He's so cute you just want to smush him! I bet he & Fargo become thick as thieves. He's a big preening toy!

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Yes thats very true.. Cypher has never seen a big blue bird before so just sits and huddles away from him, probably very scared.. So Fargo is not sure what to think of him either.. Where as with the possum, Smeagol didn't care about anything and wasn't scared, so Fargo was happy with him!

But Cypher is starting to get happier now, he is walking around wagging his tail and grabbing toys! :)

Just gave him another bath, now he is fast asleep haha

HAHA Yes, he is like a giant preening toy!!! ;)

Echo

Dec 7, 2009
USA
Parrots
Green Cheek Conures, Crimson Conures, CAG, Pionus, Budgies, Goffin Cockatoo
OH.MY.GOD!!!! He is just sooooo cute! And having that breed of dog is a good choice when owning birds/herd ....they tend to protect their family members including the animals in the family. That's why I chose the Australien Shepherd myself....

Abigal7

Jun 17, 2012
United States of America/ Kansas
Parrots
Captain Jack (Hahn's macaw)

Clover (green cheek conure)
Maybe Fargo senses Cyphers shyness. With him being a puppy Cypher will probably get use to Fargo. It will just take time. Cypher is probably thinking what is this Blue and yellow creature with wings? My dog acts like birds are a object to avoid and since he is a adult small dog I doubt he will change that view.

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Yes exactly, i know that him and Fargo together isn't 100% safe.. But they arent attack type dogs, so it is very unlikely that he would be vicious, they are just so mellow and will want to protect me and Fargo! :)

Hahahaha Abigal! :p My mum has a little dog, who is absolutely terrified of Fargo! ;-) Birds are scary things haha

Cypher began acing a bit more playful with Fargo this afternoon !

Now he is sleeping in his shelf :p

Echo

Dec 7, 2009
USA
Parrots
People forget that a Macaw can also do some damage on another animal with their powerful beak. So I would also watch Fargo with that precious pup :) !

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Oh yes definitely!! I do! :) I know he could bite his nose or ear or something!
I am actually more worried about Fargo hurting him at the moment, rather than the other way round!

But come on, look at this.. Fargo wouldnt even hurt a fly ;)

Cypher has just gone to sleep -_- he got up at about 8pm and decided it was play time..
But he is following me around the house now! One step closer to bonding! ;)

I might of dressed up Cypher in a pikachu dog costume before... ahem.. :rolleyes:

Echo

Dec 7, 2009
USA
Parrots
Cuteness overload there!!!!! Love it!!

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
BAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH!!!! Jiggly Puff!!! ROFLMAO!!!!

OMG, Tab...I can't breathe!!! Those pictures are just TOO much!!!

Lintini

May 5, 2012
Bay Area California
Parrots
Margret-Mealy Amazon 28 (family parrot), Petri- Peach Front Conure 4, Chloe- Congo African Grey 24 and Rio- Blue Crown Conure 4 !! :D
adorable, I am so jealous how you got surprised like that, I would have totally cried too. Your parents sound like really amazing people and they love you so much. I cant wait to hear about all of your adventures with Cypher!

Blueridge

Sep 16, 2013
North Carolina
Parrots
Rocky - Yellow-Faced Quaker Parrot
Aww he's so freaking cute he looks like he's smiling in those pics xD sorry to hear about the fleas and stuff but that would be so awesome if a parrot and a puppy could be buddies!

Cypher is the coolest name ever by the way.

Let the dance party commence.
:bunny7: :bunny7: :bunny7: :bunny7:

GaryBV

Nov 2, 2013
Southwestern Pennsylvania
Parrots
Pacific Parrotlets - green Beanieboy and blue Skya;
Fischer Lovebirds - Mariposa and Papillon
That's an adorable little puppy you got there Tab, congratulations. We have 5 dogs, and have always had dogs from way back when, and it's not often I learn something new about a dog breed, but Cypher's breed is one I've never heard of before. He looks like he's gonna have some thick fur, and Queensland is pretty hot from what I've heard - does that breed get clipped? Of the 5 dogs we have, 2 of them are Pugs and they surely do not like heat - during the summer I have to practically drag their butts outside because they don't want to leave the air conditioning lol. Good luck with that pup - he's beautiful.

Most Reactions

Latest posts