Another newbie

ConureLove

Sep 6, 2011
Australia
Parrots
Winkee:1 year old Green Cheek Conure male & currently nameless: 10 week old Pineapple Green Cheek Conure hen.
Hi Everyone,

Another Aussie joining the forums here :)
I am relatively new to owning parrots, however my Auntie (who passed away a few years ago) used to do wildlife rescue, mainly for parrots. I remember the numerous African Grey's, Lorikeets, Cockatoo's, Conures & many others that she helped and fostered. She even took on and hand raised babies. I have always wanted a Conure after falling in the love with her Sun & the baby Sun's she raised, however the time had never been right for me.

A month or more ago friends of mine wanted to re-home their 1 year old Green Cheek Conure male and I jumped at the chance. They loved him dearly and didn't want to part with him, however have their first child on the way and I think his noise levels were of concern ;)

His name is Winkee and he is a lovely little guy. It has taken him some time to settle into his new home and surroundings, especially considering he has come into a home with children. However we have gained his trust and he is becoming more trusting by the day. We have had a couple of set backs, however I am determined to stick at things and do the hard yards to reap the rewards of this loving little guy. He talks quiet a bit and has picked up a few new words/phrases since moving in with us.

I am still very much a novice, but I am willing to learn and educate myself to give this guy the best chance at a long and healthy life with us. I have been reading a lot and harassing friends for info too.

We have also just purchased a baby Pineapple Conure hen and pick her up this Saturday. She has been parent reared, but I plan on getting her nice and tame too. I have her cage all set up, just need to fill her food and water bowls, line her tray with newspaper and put a couple of perches up. Oh and don't worry I am aware of the quarantine rules :)

Sorry for novel of an intro, I tend to blabber on a bit!

brighteyes

Aug 24, 2011
Media
on a farm in south vic Austrailia...
Parrots
The very proud owner of a new baby sun conour !
hey welcome , so happy to be the first here ! ha ha !

Thank you for sharing info about your auntie she sounds like she was a wounderful lady *

Also lucky girl two conours ! Iook forward to your next post hope they like each other , do you know if they are hen & **** ?

OP
C

ConureLove

Sep 6, 2011
Australia
Parrots
Winkee:1 year old Green Cheek Conure male & currently nameless: 10 week old Pineapple Green Cheek Conure hen.
Hahaha I found that too, which is why it says I have a male & a hen ;)

Thanks for the welcome and yep a boy and a girl :) Hopefully they will get along, but we plan on taking it slowly, they have separate cages for now.

Most Reactions