Greetings!

epona

Apr 21, 2024
Emeryville, CA
Parrots
Sweetpea - (M) 12 year old Green Cheek Conure
Agent Scully - (F) 4 mth Eclectus
Hello! I am a new member who decided to join because, despite having birb experience, I now have my hands full lol. I have become a new mama to a baby girl Ekkie, Agent Scully, and boy are they a unique parrot. I have been devouring all the information I can find about the breed, and was pleased to see so much good info about them here on this forum.

I also have a GCC named Sweetpea that I adopted from a neglectful home. He had been with the family for about a decade, but his person suddenly and unexpectedly had baby twin girls, so the conure was not getting the attention he needed. He arrived with the name Jeffrey and an aggression towards hands (probably because the twins would stick their fingers in the cage, and hubby's reaction to being bit once was to shake his hand, flinging the poor bird across teh room). 😢 When I discovered he would scream his own name when he was upset, I decided it had to go. I wanted him to be a sweeter bird, hence Sweetpea. We've done a lot of work and Sweetpea has come a long way. He still doesn't like other people's hands, but now I can give him scritches and cuddles with no issues. I remember the first time he bent his head asking for pets and it filled my heart. ❤️

Happy to be here! Looking forward to hearing all about your featherkids.

~epona

OP
epona

epona

Apr 21, 2024
Emeryville, CA
Parrots
Thank you! I best get to working on my signature! :)

Jexnell

Supporting Member
2x Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jul 28, 2019
Portland Oregon
Parrots
Phoenix - Sun conure
Thank you! I best get to working on my signature! :)
We love pictures here, there is a ongoing joke of sorts, to post you must pay the bird tax of a picture of your fid.
20220718_082228.jpg

Vampiric_Conure

May 16, 2022
Media
Albums
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Parrots
Charlie (M) - 23 yrs - Peach Front Conure
Redshift (M)-22yrs - normal Cockatiel
Moon (M) - 2 ys - wf pied cockatiel
Chara (F)- 1 yr - wf pied cockatiel
Greetings and Salutations! I, too, am slave to a conure. Charlie was a rescue from a lady who was in the hospital and dying. I adopted Charlie, a peach front Conure as a result. He' a plucker, probably for a variety of reasons and he hatttttttttttes hands. He's better now than he was when he was first with me. Love him to bits!

OP
epona

epona

Apr 21, 2024
Emeryville, CA
Parrots
what a beautiful sun conure! here's my new baby girl:

Attachments

• ekkie.jpg
    ekkie.jpg
    372.4 KB · Views: 1
OP
epona

epona

Apr 21, 2024
Emeryville, CA
Parrots
Greetings and Salutations! I, too, am slave to a conure. Charlie was a rescue from a lady who was in the hospital and dying. I adopted Charlie, a peach front Conure as a result. He' a plucker, probably for a variety of reasons and he hatttttttttttes hands. He's better now than he was when he was first with me. Love him to bits!
awwww! ❤️ charlie! i had a beta fish named charlie. love your username, btw. 🧛‍♀️

Most Reactions