FreedomAndForgiven

FreedomAndForgiven

May 9, 2013
Media
Parrots
Lucy (B&G Macaw), Phoenix (Camilla Macaw), Gizmo (Goffin Cockatoo),
Rita (Military Macaw),
Mango (Goffin Cockatoo),
We have had some ups & downs with Rita. She has been getting aggressive with my wife again. Though is she gives her some sore of treats regularly she has been getting comfortble again. The other day she lunged of a playstand, and grabbed my wife's (gizzygirl) shoulder. She left a nice bite mark. She does better with my wife if I am not around.

She took all the confetti out of one of her toys, and built a nest in the bottom of her cage with it which I quickly got out. Then we took our flock to get their nails, and wings done. I put her in her carrier. She started cooing, and making all kinds of cute sounds. Then my wife says she is building a nest in her carrier. Sure enough she was building a nest in her carrier so we text the store owner, and the store manager to give them fair warning it was going to be fun clipping her that morning lol.

She loves to play under blanks on a bed, and will run around underneath making funny sounds, and rolling over or if you're wearing a long sleeve shirt she will try, and stick her go down the sleeve, but only her head fits, and only so far lol.

Sunnylovebirds

Feb 11, 2014
good job, you practically saved her life! she is so pretty, and people are sometimes extremely naïve about their birds:( btw she looks like the green bird emoji with a red patch on her head!

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Macaw training is an ongoing, life-long process. There will be more good days than bad... but there will be bad days. We all have them.

OP
FreedomAndForgiven

FreedomAndForgiven

May 9, 2013
Media
Parrots
Lucy (B&G Macaw), Phoenix (Camilla Macaw), Gizmo (Goffin Cockatoo),
Rita (Military Macaw),
Mango (Goffin Cockatoo),
That is true. I am glad she is starting to color out better. She looks a lot healther, and has even put on some weight

Most Reactions

Latest posts