Any other Red-Fronted Macaws?

QuietLittleMouse

Apr 17, 2013
Through the looking glass
Parrots
Red Fronted Macaw
Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum today.
Does anyone else own a Red Fronted Macaw? We have a Red Front who just turned one in March. :D :green1: <-----(Where's the red dot on his cheek?)

Any way I would love to see pictures of your Red Fronts or hear about them. :D

Jtbirds

Banned
Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Pennsylvania
There are probably three more owners of them on the forum I'd be willing to say:). Can't wait to see and hear more about yours!

noblemacaw

Sep 23, 2011
Parrots
Valentino - Red Fronted Macaw - Hatched August 12, 2012
Hi I'm Valentino's mom. He turned 8 months old last Friday and he has been a real joy for us. Valentino is mostly my parrot and he is very bonded to me because I was the one that worked him though his adjustment period (AKA hand fed him when he first got here. LOL)

Valentino is fully flighted and has never had his flight feathers clipped. He flies freely though out my home and has no problems flying upstairs to find me even when I am using the bathroom. Nothing like using the bathroom while a baby RFM grabs the toilet paper and runs across the counter with it. It is never boring around here with Valentino the RFM.

Now some eye candy

Valentinoinmypalm_zps2f3ae3ad.jpg

Valentino arrived at 402 grams. Now he weighs in between 474 to 484 grams. I can barely get my hand around his large body. LOL

Valentinochestcuddle_zps5ee2e0bc.jpg

PLUMPY PARROT!

100_2293_zps82f1c524.jpg

The red front feathers just starting to moult in.

Val2323_zps7b52d2c4.jpg

Cell phone shot of the giant head. The bristles on the nares are starting to be all red. He has a lot of red front feathers now.

I hope you enjoy the pics of Valentino our RFM. I would love to hear more about yours. Pictures always welcome!!

chasroth

Mar 29, 2013
Greensburg PA
Parrots
GW Toby
Hi welcome. I am a future red front owner. My baby is Ramsay and he is 7 weeks old and still being hand fed. I would love to hear more about your baby.

Most Reactions