anyone dealt with Savada Parrots in Sydney?

N_A

Dec 27, 2011
Wondering what they are like to deal with, and if the eccys are good quality
Thanks

kc_y0

Nov 17, 2011
Media
Sydney
Parrots
Eclectus Female - Audrey.
Art - Budgie.
Astro - Budgie.
Mini - Budgie, RIP gorgeous girl.
Hi, yes I got my girl from there :) The birds are stunning & Ada is Very helpful before & after the sales. She still is more then happy to help if I ever have any concerns :) I highly recommend them!

OP
N

N_A

Dec 27, 2011
I was on her Facebook page last night and saw a terrible post from a girl asking for her money back and Savada was really abusive to her publicly. Really off-putting stuff. Went back to have a look and show some friends who are also thinking of an ekky but she deleted it.
Seems like a risky place to buy to me.

lovethyparrot

Dec 27, 2011
oh really Natalie? Stop hiding behind your N_A user name, you asked about Savada Parrots, everyone says they are great and you got shut down by all her previous customers straight away. I think everyone knows the story. I also had a look and I support Savada Parrots. How can you feed the bird sprouts that are growing fungus and think the bird will be happy? you are at fault, gee so many things you have done wrong and you have tried to blame someone else.

IF the above user name is not Natalie Granger everyone who read the post would find it nothing but informative. There was no abuse from Savadas side, it was stating the obvious. The only abuse seems to be coming from Natalie Granger.

Pedro

Dec 15, 2010
Australia
Parrots
2 Budgies, 3 Cockatiels, 6 GCC'S, 2 Crimson Bellie Conures, 9 Sun Conures, 2 Major Mitchells, 12 Eclectus parrots of various ages, 2 BF Amazons, 2 Hahn's Macaw's, 1 Red Tail Black Too
IMO the prices a way over the top. There are heaps of breeders that sell quality & friendly eclectus parrots babies that offer the same after sales service & charge half the price.

I would feel like a thief charging so much for 1 bird.

kc_y0

Nov 17, 2011
Media
Sydney
Parrots
Art - Budgie.
Astro - Budgie.
I saw the post as well, Savada parrots had a lot of proof (including photos & videos) that this girl had done the wrong thing by her bird and fed her rotten food & food that was too big for the bird to eat. There was NO abuse what so ever from Savada parrots just honest facts about where this girl had gone wrong because she didn't listen to simple instructions. Its a shame really..

OP
N

N_A

Dec 27, 2011
If Savada Parrots did not act illegally in refusing to refund the purchase price of a very expensive bird that was unweaned then there would be no problem. The bird was returned within a week and refund requested so a purchase could be made elsewhere. Simple as that.

Pedro

Dec 15, 2010
Australia
Parrots
2 Budgies, 3 Cockatiels, 6 GCC'S, 2 Crimson Bellie Conures, 9 Sun Conures, 2 Major Mitchells, 12 Eclectus parrots of various ages, 2 BF Amazons, 2 Hahn's Macaw's, 1 Red Tail Black Too
I find it very hard to believe that anyone paying $1190 for an eclectus would feed rotten food.

I didn't see the proof so can't really say.

I do know that if one of my birds are returned within a week of purchase, no questions asked I will refund the full amount the customer paid for the bird. In 20 years of breeding i have only ever had 1 eclectus returned. I do guarantee all the babies i sell. Word of mouth is the best advertisment & i sell to customers truly wanting a companion parrot not a time waster.

OP
N

N_A

Dec 27, 2011
Phew! Good to hear Pedro. A lone voice of reason

lovethyparrot

Dec 27, 2011
N_A so first you say that "some lady" and now it's obvious it's you. Why cover yourself up? To me that is dodgy already. Some people just don't know how to look after birds, it doesn't matter if they have money or not or how much they paid. There were photos posted of the food, so no doubt left in anyones mind.

lovethyparrot

Dec 27, 2011
Yes the price is not cheap, but it's the same thing when you go to buy a car or shoes, essentially it's all the same, a car is a car and shoes are shoes. You can buy a Hyundai or go buy a Mercedes. It's still a car and yet the product, service and experience is so different.

Payless shoes or Prada? Same principal.

Pedro

Dec 15, 2010
Australia
Parrots
Yes and an eclectus is an eclectus. Don't get me wrong but I know what goes into rearing an eclectus, try incubating an egg & rearing the chick from hatch & tell me I am no better than the ones that charge the high prices.

Have you ever seen any of the cheaper priced eclectus that very dedicated hobby breeders sell, I am sure you'd be surprised at the quality of the baby & the knowledge the breeder has.

Yes i do know that the person in question is a business.

Last edited:

kc_y0

Nov 17, 2011
Media
Sydney
Parrots
Art - Budgie.
Astro - Budgie.
She did refund, except for the deposit which is non refundable as stated before you place the deposit.

kc_y0

Nov 17, 2011
Media
Sydney
Parrots
Art - Budgie.
Astro - Budgie.
I also should comment, by "rotten food" the lady tried to sprout the sunflower seeds & the sprouts started to rott & grow fungus but she "picked out the ones that were okay" & gave them to the bird risking infection. The whole situation is sad, I hope the bird is okay. :( I wish I could take him!

OP
N

N_A

Dec 27, 2011
No refund has been received and the refund offered was $890 less $300 for the deposit. Not understanding the law again, this is illegal. The $300 deposit is for an order that is to be fulfilled, to compensate the seller in the case of default for inconvenience and costs incurred.
In this case, the order was fulfilled, contract complete and full payment made, rendering the relevance of a deposit held irrelevant. A defective bird was returned, on the basis of a breach of warranty. Therefore the refund is to be $1190.
Audrey, you are spreading hearsay. You cannot possibly know what was fed to the bird so it would be better for you to stop making yourself look more uneducated that you already have.
Enough said. The magistrate would eat this up.

kc_y0

Nov 17, 2011
Media
Sydney
Parrots
Art - Budgie.
Astro - Budgie.
I'm not going to sit here and argue with someone like you. I recently brought my bird from Savada & she is perfect. You were asking for feedback, there it is. No lies or spreading rumours from me, I saw the discussion on her page & stated what I saw. Others saw it as well so I'm definitely not making up anything. :)

I'm sorry your experience wasn't good, I would recommend you don't get another bird.

Last edited:

lahnnerose

Jan 3, 2012
Australia
Parrots
Lilo, a baby female Eclectus.
I got my baby girl from Ada at Savada Parrots and she is healthy and happy. Ada is a very professional breeder and has never had a problem before this. I would return to Ada to buy another.

Most Reactions

Latest posts