Anyone knows what this body language means?

PeentPeent

Feb 13, 2024
Media
Parrots
Cockatiels, Mexican Conure
When googling, google thinks its the head bob, but my conure does this
'SUP head nod upwards

this isnt the best example but he definitely knows when im trying to record him.

He will do this nod and if i do it back he will do it again and again and even throw his head nod back a lil higher.

I think he likes it! But i was wondering if anyone knew what it meant?

Mya the ringneck

Mar 30, 2024
Media
Texas
Parrots
Indian Ringneck(Mya)
African Greys(Curly)(Sydney)
Galah Cockatoo(Max)
When googling, google thinks its the head bob, but my conure does this
'SUP head nod upwards

this isnt the best example but he definitely knows when im trying to record him.

He will do this nod and if i do it back he will do it again and again and even throw his head nod back a lil higher.

I think he likes it! But i was wondering if anyone knew what it meant?
My African Greys do the same thing, We call it their little dance. They have done it for years.
For your bird,it could mean a few things, but the main thing would probably be because he is happy, energetic, and playful. In some birds it could mean that at that moment they are a little agitated or they could have got scared. But if your bird is doing it often then he is probably just dancing and being playful

OP
PeentPeent

PeentPeent

Feb 13, 2024
Media
Parrots
Cockatiels, Mexican Conure
My African Greys do the same thing, We call it their little dance. They have done it for years.
For your bird,it could mean a few things, but the main thing would probably be because he is happy, energetic, and playful. In some birds it could mean that at that moment they are a little agitated or they could have got scared. But if your bird is doing it often then he is probably just dancing and being playful
Yeah he does have lots of dances too! His name is Buddi he will nod, Bob and do this thing where he stands real tall and ducks into a pancake making an EUUUGH sound

Most Reactions