Anyone else get depressed looking at cages?

Morty

Sep 20, 2018
New York
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure (Pizza Roll), Jenday Conure (Woody)
Ooo, just saw how old the OP was... lol. Woops! Necro thread.

ChristaNL

Banned
Banned
May 23, 2018
NL= the Netherlands, Europe
Parrots
Sunny a female B&G macaw;
Japie (m) & Appie (f), both are congo african grey;
All are rescues- had to leave their previous homes for 'reasons', are still in contact with them :)
Uhuh, resurrection is a thing here ;)
(Good threads never die)

I am still frustrated about the cage-situation, and making no headway into the indoor-aviary-plans.

Found a warmly recommended builder (not all of them are great in the servicedepartment, so word of mouth is *the* way to go) -who lives in the middle of nowhere (as far as that is possible in this vastly overcrowded little country of mine) and I cannot reach him without organizing an expedition!
(well I could if I wanted to be on my bicycle for about a day or so, just to get there)

Apart form the walk-in-aviary "cage" nobody makes cages large enough for a B&G macaw to really stretch and eventually flap it wings in! So much for 24/7 rehab for my poor rusted-shut-winged-one...

Last edited:

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
It is always better to invest into something of a good quality. I only feel stress when looking at a cage that is crowded. BTW, is it okay to use one of these ferret cages for my lovebirds? My grandpa told me that if I won't get him Cockatoo for his birthday next month, I might as well buy a new cage for the lovebirds at home. Also, have you ever made a purchase from Petstreetmall? Would you mind sharing to me your thoughts or might as well tell me where to find an extensive list of cages to choose from?
I'm glad you are not getting your grandpa the cockatoo! And it is great you will be updating the love birds cages, they will certainly appreciate it!!! I shopped eBay it Amazon for mine. Maybe others have ideas for you.

Most Reactions