anyone feed their budgies kaytee products?

wulfie

Jul 8, 2012
I'm getting a baby english budgie from a local breeder in about a month, after he's weened. The breeder said he feeds his birds Kaytee Forti-Diet Pro Health Parakeet Food. Has anyone used this? Any help/info would be greatly appreciated

Birdlover11

Aug 23, 2012
Long island
Parrots
Pepsi and sprite, both are American male budgies
I use that brand, my budgies love it. I what I really love is that they have veggies in it. My budgies also love Kaytees honey stick treats, it helps to wear down thier beaks

Last edited:

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
I used to feed it, but since learning more about various foods for our pet birds, I feel as if the majority of foods found in chain pet stores is crap. Not a fan of dyes, for one...

For several years now, I have been feeding Kaylor of Colorado Sweet Harvest, which I usually mixed in some canary or finch mix for more variety. I am now mixing in Goldenfeast Australian Blend into it (would have been Petite Hookbill Legume if I ordered the right stuff! no biggy!). That is then mixed with Harrison's pellets, and that is their base dry food diet.

I no longer have budgies, but I do keep different parakeets! And the only one not eating that mix is Charlie, my conure!

Birdlover11

Aug 23, 2012
Long island
Parrots
Pepsi and sprite, both are American male budgies
Me too, I don't really like the dyes. When one of my budgies drops a dyed seed in the water the water is colored red :greenyellow:

OP
W

wulfie

Jul 8, 2012
that's why I'm going to use a water bottle instead of a water bowl ;)

irishgirl

Sep 27, 2012
I use the Kaytee Fiesta max products too but the prices have recently gone up steeply. Can anyone recommend a good source for this food at reasonable prices? It went from $45 on sale to $53 now at petco for the 25 lb bag.

Thanks

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts