Anyone had experience with a parrot post stroke?

OP
CyrusLUVSGemma
Jan 25, 2021
Thank you all

About a month ago my bird was hunted down and almost eaten by a hawk, she had a stroke. I came here for help and I was deluged with love and help. I just want to let everyone know since its been over a month and my bird is strong and happy again. Shes not 100 percent but I will gladly accept it over not being able to walk. Thank you to everyone that was there for us, especially Laurasea!

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Re: Thank you all

About a month ago my bird was hunted down and almost eaten by a hawk, she had a stroke. I came here for help and I was deluged with love and help. I just want to let everyone know since its been over a month and my bird is strong and happy again. Shes not 100 percent but I will gladly accept it over not being able to walk. Thank you to everyone that was there for us, especially Laurasea!

You are so welcome!! I'm thrilled that she has recovered so well!! You did a great job to get her through this!!! Yippee!!!

OP
CyrusLUVSGemma
Jan 25, 2021
Thank you!

This is the Perp...

25939d1614912578-anyone-had-experience-parrot-post-stroke-dsc_0316.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_0316.jpg
    DSC_0316.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 73
Last edited by a moderator:

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
YAYYYYY!!!!! That is amazingly good news!!! So glad to hear it!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Re: Thank you all

So happy for you and Gemma who braved daunting odds. Hope you see continued if not slow progress to close the gap with 100% capability.

Fierce looking perp!

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Thank you so much for this update! Absolutely wonderful to hear about Gemma's progress. I've been wondering how you've been doing, but didn't dare ask. So often when members have a sick or injured bird, and don't post for a while, the news isn't good, and stirring things up by asking can be hurtful.

This just makes my day! So happy for you! Prayers and positive vibes headed your way for Gemma's continued healing! :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts