Anyone Have One of These?

ShreddedOakAviary

Jul 13, 2011
Parrots
M2's, U2's, G2's, RB2's, VOS, RLA's, BFA's, DYHA's, Dusky Pionus, Blue and Green Quakers, Meyers Parrots, VOS, GW Macaw's, Harlequin Macaws, Tiels, YNA, TAG's, CAG's, Blue Crown Conures, Red sided Ecl
Yeah, that's the more common type of black cockatoo up here. They are a little more than hyacinth macaws up here (anywhere from $12,000 to $18,000). They are large and acutally a very fun cockatoo to meet. (I have never owned a black palm cockatoo, but have known 2 people who have).

ShreddedOakAviary

Jul 13, 2011
Parrots
M2's, U2's, G2's, RB2's, VOS, RLA's, BFA's, DYHA's, Dusky Pionus, Blue and Green Quakers, Meyers Parrots, VOS, GW Macaw's, Harlequin Macaws, Tiels, YNA, TAG's, CAG's, Blue Crown Conures, Red sided Ecl
I've seen them as low as $8000. God I wish I had one :) Maybe someday...lol

Atwee921

Apr 22, 2011
Maine, USA
Parrots
Sprite the cinnamon green cheek conure.
There is a seminar a few times a year that is about 45 minutes away and you can get your picture taken with a black palm. Im going in October, cant wait :D

Pedro

Dec 15, 2010
Australia
Parrots
2 Budgies, 3 Cockatiels, 6 GCC'S, 2 Crimson Bellie Conures, 9 Sun Conures, 2 Major Mitchells, 12 Eclectus parrots of various ages, 2 BF Amazons, 2 Hahn's Macaw's, 1 Red Tail Black Too
That is my dream bird but it's illegal for me to own one in Australia & we have them breeding in the wild up in Iron Range. Zoo's can have them.

Stephend you wouldn't say that about a Red Tail if you had the opportunity to actually live with one or even rear one they are just the most cuddly bird around. I guess like the B & G Macaws. Except they are never nasty or bite like other parrots. With all the species I have had the good fortune to hand rear i have to say the RTB would have to be the most gratifying.

Most Reactions