anyone want an eclectus?

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
free to any home (joking)

This bird figured out how to get ontop of the mini fridge.
I have NO idea how hes getting up. like the gap between the cart and the top of the mini fridge is about as tall as he is, and theres nothing to grab on the mini fridge its slippery how is he getting upppp
Nothing is sacred anymore.
59765.jpeg

OP
Owlet

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
On more serious topic, does anyone have tips or suggestions on how I can secure the lid down on the humidifier next to the mini fridge? the white thing. The grate ontop loosely slips off so you can pour in water and I really do not want him having access to that. Its empty right now but when it's full it's got roughly a foot of water in it...

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Bungee cords? Maybe a strip of Velcro somehow?

LeeC

Jun 5, 2019
Media
Harrisburg, PA
Parrots
Timneh: Grady;
Senegal: Charlie;
Sun Conure: Peaches (deceased)
Senegal: Georgia
Peach-fronted Conure: Milton (foster)
Brown-throated Conure: Pumpkin (foster)
Senegal: Fletcher
Senegal: Ivy
free to any home (joking)

This bird figured out how to get ontop of the mini fridge.
I have NO idea how hes getting up. like the gap between the cart and the top of the mini fridge is about as tall as he is, and theres nothing to grab on the mini fridge its slippery how is he getting upppp
Nothing is sacred anymore.
View attachment 46248
My first thought would be that he can fly most anywhere he wants to go; but, based on your being surprised he is there, does he fly at all?

LeeC

Jun 5, 2019
Media
Harrisburg, PA
Parrots
Timneh: Grady;
Senegal: Charlie;
Sun Conure: Peaches (deceased)
Senegal: Georgia
Peach-fronted Conure: Milton (foster)
Brown-throated Conure: Pumpkin (foster)
Senegal: Fletcher
Senegal: Ivy
On more serious topic, does anyone have tips or suggestions on how I can secure the lid down on the humidifier next to the mini fridge? the white thing. The grate ontop loosely slips off so you can pour in water and I really do not want him having access to that. Its empty right now but when it's full it's got roughly a foot of water in it...
Perhaps a small, heavy object to weigh it down? I give my Timneh river rocks, but it is key to ensure they are stable on the surface.

OP
Owlet

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
My first thought would be that he can fly most anywhere he wants to go; but, based on your being surprised he is there, does he fly at all?
no he doesnt fly. I've only seen him fly like 3 times in the 6 years I've had him and each time it was bc he got spooked.

OP
Owlet

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Perhaps a small, heavy object to weigh it down? I give my Timneh river rocks, but it is key to ensure they are stable on the surface.
hed just toss it off. I'd need a way to secure it down

OP
Owlet

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
another question... how is getting down... hes not the most graceful bird ever. I assume today my mom helped him down (shes the one who discovered him and took the picture)

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
another question... how is getting down... hes not the most graceful bird ever. I assume today my mom helped him down (shes the one who discovered him and took the picture)
Did he just flop? Those mini fridges are only about three feet tall.

ctwo

May 16, 2019
Parrots
Mango the Indian Ringneck and Peach the Cockatiel; Kiwi found a new home
Interesting, is that a strap on the door, which he could grab on to, and then work around the front and hook his beak on the top of the door seam?

junior98

Oct 17, 2022
New England
Parrots
1998 senegal parrot
no he doesnt fly. I've only seen him fly like 3 times in the 6 years I've had him and each time it was bc he got spooked.
When I need to send my bird back to his cage I just toss him in the air.. but mine jumps at me, flies at me, takes off on me when he doesn't like something so I am used to hiim flying (and sometimes flying into walls when he runs out of turning space, etc).. he isn't great at flying though. :)

Most Reactions