Apple Update

PrettyInInk87

Jul 6, 2011
San Diego
Parrots
"Apple" Yellow-sided Green Cheeck Conure
I'm baaaaaaack! Well it's been a while since I posted, I believe a year. Well, I still have my little boy Apple (yellow-sided green cheek conure) and I think the little booger is going through puberty. He's a bit nippier and will sometimes attack me for no reason (at least not one I've noticed). It saddens me BUT I know he's just having mood swings and still loves me. :)

DebsFlock

Banned
Banned
Jul 19, 2012
Los Angeles County, near Palmdale
Parrots
Scooter -- male Green Cheek Conure "Normal" but that's a matter of opinion! Hatched in March 2010

Scotty -- Male Cape Parrot hatched somewhere between 2007-2009 we think

Caballo Blanco -- male C
As an acquaintance of mine once said, "They are weird little birds!"

dishgal1

May 1, 2012
Texas
Parrots
Forrest -Yellow sided Green Cheek Conure, Nacho- Sun Conure
My little yellow sided green cheek goes thru stages all the time. He is about 18 months old now and he can be so sweet but then for days he goes thru that nippy phase. Just try ignoring him and he will actually miss you and that usually helps at least with mine. He is my pride and joy and I know how you feel. You do everything but kiss their little behinds and then they can be so hateful. As has been stated before, they are a little bi-polar. LOL
It will pass, I have just come to accept him the way he is and we always get thru it. I love him so much no words could ever say how much. I CAN't imagine life without him. When he is sweet he is exceptionally sweet.

OP
PrettyInInk87

PrettyInInk87

Jul 6, 2011
San Diego
Parrots
Very true. My little one can be SO warm and cuddly at times and boy do I take advantage. Sometimes he's just not in the mood to hang out with me so he gets nippy. I just put him back on his play top because he kept wanting to get to the floor.

Lovelyloribeth

Jul 15, 2012
Georgia
Parrots
💙ChiChi~GCC~2 yrs.💙
💚Red~IRN~4 mos.💚

💛Houdini~Sun Conure~2 yrs.💛
Once I wake up in the morning and take the blanket off chichis cage. I can't touch him for like 2 hours. He's not the early bird. :p

OP
PrettyInInk87

PrettyInInk87

Jul 6, 2011
San Diego
Parrots
Lol! That's funny. I noticed Apple gets nippy when it's late and he's sleepy.

Most Reactions