Are all tiels like this??..

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
....crazy...insane...energetic..non-stop go go go??

Beebs,he wears me out just watching him. I'm watching tv and he is on my shoulder and Amy is on her play gym. He'll jump of my shoulder and RUN all the way to the end of the couch,pick at a pillow and turn around and RUN back,hop on my other shoulder and run around the back of my neck,jump back on the couch and RUN some more to the end to pick at the pillow again,all the while twittling and talking away. Now he can do this for hours,then climb down my arm,sit on my hand and nibble my fingers...to jump on my lap,climb up my shirt to my arm, BACK to my shoulder and run,chew,nibble,run,climb some more :rolleyes: all the while Amy is looking/watching him,and looking at me with this "huh??" look on her face lol.

Other times when I'm in this room on my 'puter,he'll climb down my arm again,hop onto the desk,RUN all along the key board making all sorts of !@()nNLL096#$^:blue1: :yellow2::confused: :63::44: on the screen as I try to type in vain.
Then its stretchhhh,nibble chew papers on the shelf..chew the rodent chord ( mouse thingie), chew my landline,knock over a med bottle or two..try to drink my coffee or tea..hop onto my lunch plate and either help himself to what I'm having,or run thru the smashed taters and gravy,and back up my arm he goes. He'll sing and talk RIGHT IN MY EAR,run around my neck,climb down my are once again to sit on my hand and fight with my fingers while I try to type. And THIS will go on for as long as I let him,before I get fed up/aggravated and put him back in his house.
Poor Amy...sitting on her perch chair next to me,munching on a nutraberry,and just watching. I can only imagine what she is thinking :confused:

He helped himself to my Remen noodles ( minus the sodium filled "flavor packet") he really went to town with them,only to try and jump on my coffee cup to have a sip ( I keep it covered now,he is faster than greased
lightning)

I know he's still a little young boy..full of all this vime and vigor lol..but boy he makes me tired lol.

Jim

itzjbean

Jan 27, 2017
Media
Iowa, USA
Parrots
2 cockatiels
Hmm...I'm guessing it's because he's young and getting closer to sexual maturity, but it may just be his personality! My two are very mellow, are content to hang out in or on their cage. Hopefully he will settle down a little with time! :)

BeatriceC

Feb 9, 2016
San Diego, CA
Parrots
Goofy (YNA), Oscar (Goffin 'too). Foster bird Betty (RLA). RIP Cookie, 1991-2016 ('tiel), Leo (Sengal), Charlotte (scarlet macaw). Grand-birds: Liam (budgie), Donovan (lovebird), RIP Angelo (budgie)
Cookie finally calmed down a little bit when he was about 23 or 24. Before that he was a little firecracker.

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
That's my Beebs!
My heart aches to steal him from you, although in a way, I already kinda did, when I put him in my gallery.

OP
AmyMyBlueFront

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

Hmm...I'm guessing it's because he's young and getting closer to sexual maturity, but it may just be his personality! My two are very mellow, are content to hang out in or on their cage. Hopefully he will settle down a little with time! :)

Yep...he IS just a toddler..just over one year,and you are correct about his "birdsonality"...he has gobbs of that lol ( don't think I would want it any different) He is ALWAYS happy..loves to chatter and sing and talk..goes to anyone who has a finger to scratch his head..he is an endless source of energy for a 89 gram of fluff.

Jim

OP
AmyMyBlueFront

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

That's my Beebs!
My heart aches to steal him from you, although in a way, I already kinda did, when I put him in my gallery.

Yep Ms Gail..you "own" a part of the little guy..am ever so grateful to you,for Beebers will live on long after I'm gone. ;)
Hey! if anything "unforeseen" should happen to me...talk it over with RB..maybe he'll reconsider his stand on strangers lol.

Jim

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
You're just gonna have to outlive him, Jimster, just like I have to outlive my rooster!

OutlawedSpirit

Apr 12, 2016
Northern Illinois, USA
Parrots
Bo - DYH ~ Gus - CAG ~ Twitch - Linnie ~ Apple - Pineapple GCC ~ Goliath - Quaker ~ Squish - Peach face Lovebird
Jim, I can just imagine how exhausting it must be to watch Beebs, I was getting exhausted just reading about it. Sort of reminds me of a friend of mine that has a lorikeet, I call her crack bird because she is always bouncing around and seems like she never stops, she is so full of energy.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
No Jim!

Only your tiel is that wild and over the top!

You know what they say about kids: If the first one is an Angle (Amy), and the second one is ..... Well, I'm sure that you can fill in the remainder from your what you are dealing with daily! :D

Steven,

ParrotLover2001

Dec 20, 2016
In my parents house
Parrots
A cockatiel, a bourke, and three budgies
Elvis my tiel is nothing like that. He's very calm, although he does sing in my ear. He will never, under any circumstances, leave my shoulder, and that's a pain when it's time to go back in his cage.

My budgies however are the most energetic little things I've ever had, Jordan my lovebird is also very energetic, but she is lazy compared to the budgies.
Although none of them chew things UNLESS it's wood or green, Jordan chews anything that is green.

Elvis gets fed up with the budgies sometimes because of how active they are.

"No one is 'the boss' in true companionship"

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Tropical

Oct 13, 2015
Palm Beach
Parrots
Two Cockatiels: Rascal (Geraldine) and his baby brother named Coconut!
Beebs just may very well be more energetic than 'Nut! LOL

It sure is fun to see them chattering about being so happy. I love it when they sing and chatter as they walk around :59:

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Jim, could be worse, Amy and Beeb running around like Energizer bunnies. But its probably just excess toddler energy.

Most Reactions

Latest posts