Are these skillets and cookie sheets safe?

lzver

Mar 17, 2010
Media
Guelph, ON
Parrots
Lucy - Red-Bellied
Jessie - Senegal
I've been working on replacing all my non-stick cookware and bakeware and I bought a few things today. Just wanted to pass them by the group to make sure they are safe to use around birds before I use them.

- Betty Crocker Copper Base Premium Quality 18/10 Stainless Steel Skillet
- E-Z Baker Steel Cookie pans - I contacted the manufacturer and they confirmed they don't have a non-stick coating - they are made from tin plated steel
- Nordic Ware Natural Commercial Bakewarem - Natural Aluminum - I contacted the manufacturer and they confirmed it does not have a PTFE non-stick coating. It does have a different coating referred to as a 'silicone release' coating that is non-toxic

If you guys could provide feedback on these it would be greatly appreciated. If there is still a risk with any of these, I still have the receipts and will take them back.

Thanks.

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
Your Sene is too cute!! You are doing more for your birds safety than many people. Everything looks A OK to me on your list.

Mel

Mar 30, 2010
Media
Sydney Australia
Parrots
Eclectus - Shadow /
Sulfur Crested - Chicka
They all look good to me.... well done. There's a list of Conair hair-dryer models that are apparently PTFE-free on the "what are the best methods to dry my bird" thread if you are interested.

OP
lzver

lzver

Mar 17, 2010
Media
Guelph, ON
Parrots
Lucy - Red-Bellied
Jessie - Senegal
Thanks Spiritbird and Mel... that would by my crazy monkey Jessie :) He does not like the camera and was getting ready to attack it in this picture.

I've been working on replacing my kitchenware for a while and I tink I'm finally there with these last few things that I've been struggling to find safe alternatives for. Lucy (Red-Bellied) and Jessie (Senegal) have come to mean so much to me that I can't imagine life without them. And god forbid something were to ever happen to them due to something I could have prevented scares the hell out of me.

idahogems

Apr 13, 2010
Idaho, USA
Parrots
Little Corella Cockatoo - Buddy
they look great!

lol @ jessie and the camera.....my Buddy hates cameras as well....especially the flash on them

Most Reactions