Questions about bathing Green Cheek Conure

falconut

Apr 15, 2010
I was reading and it said they should be bathed daily. Is this true, once a day? We were told more like weekly. Plus, they told us to do it in the middle of the day, so he has time to dry off. What would be the best method to do this? Place a dish in his cage with a 1/4" of water, place a bowl with more water or take him out and sit him on a towel and spray him with a mist?
I think he needs one because when he cleans himself while on my finger, what appears to be dandruft flakes fall on me.
How many hours before we go to bed should I do this? I'm the one that can handle him the best and should be the one doing this, but I don't get home until around 5:30. We go to bed around 11.
Any ideas as I'd like to try it tonight.
Thanks,
Craig

parrotqueen

Jan 14, 2010
Media
United States
Parrots
Pineapple & Sunshine--Gray/wildtype male cockatiels
Doing it daily is a better idea, it keeps their feathers in better shape. The method however, does not neccessarily matter. I like misting because, my birds don't know how to take a bath on their own (which is very strange). They get a good soaking either way. It is a good idea to allow plenty of drying time, like you said. On a cold/windy day however, don't soak him too much.

OP
F

falconut

Apr 15, 2010
Should I start at 6PM or is that too late? Plus, how wet should I make him if I mist him?

Most Reactions