Are these toys safe?

friendcaique

Oct 18, 2015
Australia
Parrots
Hoping for a Budgie!
This must seem dumb but I have seen lots of toys on My Bird Safe Toys but they seem TOO shreddable and they might get stuck in the birds throat or if it does get swallowed, it won't be digested and block up their intestines.!!:11::11::eek:
Any ideas on if they are safe or not?

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
All my birds play with shreddable toys and a lot of them are from My Safe Bird Store. Each bird is an individual, some birds can't be trusted with some toys. After you get to know your bird, it will become obvious which toys your bird can safely be left alone with. A lot of birds play with paper shreddables and don't swallow the paper.

Here's a list of some of the more dangerous choices.

http://www.parrotforums.com/parrot-toys/38678-list-hazardous-toys-here-please.html

OP
F

friendcaique

Oct 18, 2015
Australia
Parrots
Hoping for a Budgie!
Lots of the toys have look a little unsafe but if you get toys from i guess its fine. and its good that there are shreddable things in them because i have read that caiques LOVE to DESTROY shreddable toys lol.:):):)

Aquila

Nov 19, 2012
Philadelphia
Parrots
Sydney - Blue Front Amazon
Gonzo - Congo African Grey
Willow - Cockatiel
RIP:
Snowy, Ivy, Kiwi, Ghost - Parakeets
Berry - Cinnamon GCC
Caiques are some of the most playful birds, try some foot toys too! Little plain cat toy balls or the little practice golf balls are great. They're great at turning ANYTHING into a toy!

Most Reactions