Attack dinosaur

DiscoDuck

Banned
Banned
Jun 9, 2012
Media
Wilmington DE - Landenberg PA
Parrots
Rudy - Hybrid Ruby Macaw Born 6/6/15 Scarlet Mother/Green Wing Father - Oliver BFA RIP 3/15/15 @ 34yo. Without you, I would not have Rudy. Thank you!
The weather is definitely wacky. He's calmed down a lot the last couple of days, so maybe the worst is over. He sat on my lap and watched TV last night and other than a couple of holes in my shirt, he behaved. Hubby doesn't want to give him up, and has been running interference until we were pretty sure the crazy had passed.

Yeah wait it out.. There are subtle nuances that Rudy has been educating me on. I have noticed that certain behaviors (not bad ones) are triggered fairly consistently with barometric pressure changes.

So as a storm passes and the sun starts shining he becomes more "normal". he is being a bit of a maniac now. ( its cloudy cold and rainy)

Chalk it up to the weather, dont give up..

Okay. funny point.. Rudy was screaming at the snow, running around his house like a maniac.. at the end of March.

I said "Fine!! you wanna go out?" ah yep. so that's what we did... we ended up with some epic photos.. These are pics of Rudy, a tropical bird screaming at, and eating, ok... biting the snow..

discoduck-albums-rudy-brandywine-picture19727-rudy-screaming-where-global-warming.jpg
discoduck-albums-rudy-brandywine-picture19728-rudy-eating-snow-3-24-18.jpg

eagle18

Banned
Banned
Jan 25, 2018
Missouri
Parrots
I have one Umbrella, a Bare Eye, and two budgies.
No, I saw him for sale on a rummage sale site on Facebook in 2015 and a friend said she'd give him a home if I'd help her transport his giant cage with my truck. We took him to her house, and he was only there a day and a half because her 3-year-old granddaughter could not be convinced that he isn't a plush toy, and my friend was afraid one of them would get hurt. So then he moved to our house and that's where he's been ever since. Today is the third anniversary of that day, in fact. The home we got him from was very bad, and the one before it was worse, but we don't know his history beyond that, nor his age. All I know is that someone, probably his first family, cared enough to get him the proper cage for a cockatoo, and it's followed him from home to home since then. When he meets a new person, and only then, he will say "I'm Rocky Road," and I believe that's because he thinks that every new person has come to take him to a new home AGAIN and he wants to establish what his name is. He always seems surprised, and relieved, when a new person goes away and he stays.

I remember reading one of your posts about a friend and her two young children coming over to meet Rocky and that he introduced himself to them like a gentleman, while giving you a peculiar look. I also remember that he behaved himself all day after they left. LOL! He is very smart. I can really tell by reading your work how much you and your husband love him.

OP
Siobhan

Siobhan

Apr 19, 2015
Illinois
Parrots
Clyde, Quaker; Freddie, tiel; Rocky, umbrella cockatoo.
He has definitely gotten over his crazy bout and is back to being nice, most of the time, anyway. He IS a cockatoo, after all. This was the worst bout he's had, though. I forget, in between springs, how very bad hormone season can be with a 'too. Their bites are nothing to be taken lightly.

eagle18

Banned
Banned
Jan 25, 2018
Missouri
Parrots
I have one Umbrella, a Bare Eye, and two budgies.
He has definitely gotten over his crazy bout and is back to being nice, most of the time, anyway. He IS a cockatoo, after all. This was the worst bout he's had, though. I forget, in between springs, how very bad hormone season can be with a 'too. Their bites are nothing to be taken lightly.

Their bites can land you in the ER, so please be careful. Maybe your vet can give Rocky something for his hormone flare-ups.

OP
Siobhan

Siobhan

Apr 19, 2015
Illinois
Parrots
Clyde, Quaker; Freddie, tiel; Rocky, umbrella cockatoo.
Even at his worst, Rocky exerts a certain amount of restraint when biting me. So far.

Most Reactions

Latest posts