Aviary for our babies.

BirdyMomma

Aug 4, 2013
Long Beach, NY
Parrots
Lilac Crowned Amazon (Bacci- Forever on my shoulder, forever in my heart.)
Yellow Collared Macaw (Loki the Monkey Bird)
Military Macaw (Wingnut)
Citron Crested Cockatoo
(Knuckles)
Hi. We just moved out of our ridiculously high rent apartment, and back to Long Island. I am anxiously awaiting the return of my security deposit, because it is my intention to have an aviary in place for our birds by the end of May.

I want to purchase one, but my boyfriend (who is ridiculously handy) would prefer to build it. I am leery of that for several reasons; we have to get the right (safe) materials, who knows how long that will take, I'm pretty sure that can cost as much, if not more than a purchased aviary, and I'm sure that there are safety issues that we don't know about.

So my question is, does anyone have an aviary that they are happy with? What company, and where did you get it? Also, about how much did it cost? Any suggestions and information will be appreciated :)

I would like to add, that there is an aviary that I am particularly partial to. It is an A&E walk in bird cage. Every place that markets it, markets it for indoor or outdoor use, but then in specifications, it says *not recommended for outdoor use. I have actually seen, and been inside this aviary in two highly reputable stores, the owners of which declared that the aviary is fine for outdoor use. It's powder coated wrought iron. What do you think?

Last edited:

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
I've heard that if you call around, you can get the 5 x 5 aviary for $800 some dollars.

If you want to go the home-made route, I'd highly recommend contacting Nyla of My Birdie Buddy! She can help you out with where to purchase materials and what to use!!!!

Birdie Buddy Home

OP
BirdyMomma

BirdyMomma

Aug 4, 2013
Long Beach, NY
Parrots
Lilac Crowned Amazon (Bacci- Forever on my shoulder, forever in my heart.)
Yellow Collared Macaw (Loki the Monkey Bird)
Military Macaw (Wingnut)
Citron Crested Cockatoo
(Knuckles)
Thank you so much.

I will check out that site, incase my boyfriend builds it :)

Most Reactions