AWSOME Bird Training App!

Birdlover11

Aug 23, 2012
Long island
Parrots
Pepsi and sprite, both are American male budgies
I am training my budgies to talk, I can't really devote the time, since my academics have gotten significantly higher. So I was browsing bird training methods when I decided to go check the app store. Then I saw this bird training app which helps you teach your bird to talk. It's REALLY good. You record a few sounds , which I prefer since I think it will be easier for them to repeat my high pitched female voice . I recorded sounds like " PEANUTS ! " , " I like peanuts " , " Pepsi ! " , " Good boy " , and I plan to do " Hello ? Feed me ! " . This will make it so much easier, while I'm at school I could just leave it next to the cage, the sounds will go off the time you set them , like every 30 mins, or hour. Makes me have hope that my budgies could scare my dad during his yougurt stealings at 2 AM hehehe.

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Great idea
I leave cd s on for Mishka during the day, whilst at work, with sayings I am busy teaching him.
When training him at night we go over them, I ask him questions making sure he understands what he is being taught.
Steven is home quite often during the day, thus changing the cd s, Mishka never gets bored.
000203FC.gif

Last edited:
OP
Birdlover11

Birdlover11

Aug 23, 2012
Long island
Parrots
Sorry lol, it's from Alpha Apps , I Talk Bird Trainer HD .

OP
Birdlover11

Birdlover11

Aug 23, 2012
Long island
Parrots
Quick question, while I was playing the sounds, my budgies started chattering nonstop, does mean they are trying to mimick it , or are they just liking the sound ?

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
Gilbert Oliver, Blue Crown Conure; Georgie, Sun Conure (2/8/01-8/8/12) RIP little girl; Percy, budgie 1993-1999. RIP Pepito-spanish timbrado canary
I love this forum. People are as 'crazy' as i am! haha I used to make recordings of myself for Percy when i couldn't be home, of me saying things that made him happy ("Good Bird, Percy!" "Mommy loves you." etc). My family thought i was absolutely NUTS (They still snicker and call me Dr. Doolittle....been my name for years.....) but around here, we are all 'normal' together. ;)

natv

Jan 24, 2013
South Florida
Parrots
Eclectus - Vosmaeri
Heh, my family thinks I'm nuts too.... I have a webcam set up and connected to speakers (and the cam has a microphone). From my cell phone at work I check in on him and say hi , and he often says hi back :)

Jennamilito

Apr 15, 2013
Maryland
Parrots
Red lored amazon
Heh, my family thinks I'm nuts too.... I have a webcam set up and connected to speakers (and the cam has a microphone). From my cell phone at work I check in on him and say hi , and he often says hi back :)

That is amazing!

Most Reactions