• Dark- Grey/Black

Votes: 12 85.7%
  • Light- Pinky/Grey

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Did Mando get a hold of your wall???

I think I figured out why there's a difference in colour! Those who regularly give their Macs pedicures end up with lighter coloured feet.

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)
Did Mando get a hold of your wall???

I think I figured out why there's a difference in colour! Those who regularly give their Macs pedicures end up with lighter coloured feet.

I thought the same. I do love the red that was there though!

Cami

Mar 24, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Parrots
9 1/2 yr old B&G, Spencer. 15 1/2 yr old Indian Ringneck, Edmund.
I just looked, and Spencer toes are more on the darker side, I had to look at him, he is currently in the hallway shredding a box, but I remember that his eyes were dark for several years, I always called him baby eyes because of it.

MariannaS

Jun 11, 2013
This is a very interesting topic. My B&G is an 11 month old girl. Her feet are pink.
0a55fc6922170ca6692a3c80be356a2b.jpg

44ca8a949b43a1428f56a1931fa92fca.jpg

You can also see it in our video (00:40)
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVBvqLh4OC8"]My Love Richard - YouTube[/ame]
P.S.:
Her name was Richard, before I found out that it's a girl.

Last edited:

BACON

May 18, 2013
WOW... I've never noticed this in macaws... Eagle eyed tab!!! Can only be a pigment thing hey?? Defiantly something to look out for when I come to get one... One day :)

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fargo- Blue and Gold Macaw
Hahaha! Mando was obviously just decorating it to how he preferred it :09: :54:
Just having a look on tha site, those play gyms are amazing :eek: There is NOTHING like that here! :(

Cami when did Spencers eyes turn lighter?

Thank you Marianna! How interesting! Richie is adorable! :rolleyes:

Thanks Ashley :D In the first picture they look pink, but the second grey! haha

Cami

Mar 24, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Parrots
9 1/2 yr old B&G, Spencer. 15 1/2 yr old Indian Ringneck, Edmund.
Hahaha! Mando was obviously just decorating it to how he preferred it :09: :54:
Just having a look on tha site, those play gyms are amazing :eek: There is NOTHING like that here! :(

Cami when did Spencers eyes turn lighter?

Thank you Marianna! How interesting! Richie is adorable! :rolleyes:

Thanks Ashley :D In the first picture they look pink, but the second grey! haha

It was such a gradually process it was difficult to pinpoint. He just turned 10 last month and it was up to just a couple years ago that they still had a hue of darkness to them, so up through years 7-8 the external parts of his eyes started to lighten up. I dont know what the 'normal' timeframe would be or what would affect them, i.e. dna or environment or maybe a combo of both.

Wdlodge

May 13, 2013
Media
San Diego
Parrots
Kiwi -Pacific Parrotlet, Rio - Senegal. Both hatched 2/2013
I always presumed b+g's would have dark feet because their beaks are dark and that seems to be a trend with birds that their feet and beaks match! Amazons and 'toos are a good example.

How odd. :)

(Just double checked Merlin had matching feet+beak, he does!)

Haha sounds like a vanity thing, you know a girls shoes must match her handbag and lip stick.

Nocturnal

May 15, 2013
A secret place
Parrots
||Mika, 23 yo senegal parrot||Cayenne, 5 yo sun conure||Katana, 6 yo cockatiel||Monk, 4 yo peachfaced lovie||Onyx, 8 yo BH caique||Pluto & Neptune, 4 yo budgies||Tauntaun, 17 yo U2||
Oh I have wondered this too! One of the birds that was at work once, his two front inner toes were pale with white claws. Not sure how old he was.

And then we have a very old boarder in right now and his feet are mottled black and white. If he is still there tomorrow and I remember, I will get pics of his feet and maybe snap photos of some of our other B&Gs feet for comparison.

Nocturnal

May 15, 2013
A secret place
Parrots
||Mika, 23 yo senegal parrot||Cayenne, 5 yo sun conure||Katana, 6 yo cockatiel||Monk, 4 yo peachfaced lovie||Onyx, 8 yo BH caique||Pluto & Neptune, 4 yo budgies||Tauntaun, 17 yo U2||
Here are the funny feet

87ADCF96-05EF-4D6B-B839-A3BD75FCA9A3-423-000000C80F77331B_zps85cccfa9.jpg

Eve2

Jan 30, 2017
My three B&G have dark feet. Young, old, male and females.

Nocturnal, the funny feet photo is from the bird grooming his/her feet and removing some of the scales.

Most Reactions