Baby Blue Dumbo Rats!

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw (Titan) & Yellow Naped Amazon (Kelly)
I finally have my baby blue dumbos and the markings are so cute! I even have a blaze which Iā€™m so happy about! 16 total from my russian blue dumbo pair:D

The girls!
zrvlyDP.jpg

XdAHksV.jpg

pBKmbbY.jpg

The boys!
aKxhPhJ.jpg

R5tJCRx.jpg

The parents I had them out today and grabbed photos. One shot came out vaguely decent haha
OmBZb2x.jpg

And then another 11 live from my other Russian blue girl. She just had them last night. I looked them over and removed the 3 dead ones she wasnā€™t eating.
4CMZydY.jpg

Iā€™ll probably try to sell these guys as pets instead of feeders for the snakes! Mom and Dad are super easy going and friendly. Mom isnā€™t showing any aggression about the babies either.

ParrotGenie

Jan 10, 2019
Indiana
Parrots
2 umbrella Cockatoos One male named Cooper and female named Baby 1 Little Corella male named Frankie and have 5 Cockatiels three named Male named Pepper, Fiesco for the female and female named Wylie.
Nice.

Thankfully you not selling them as feeder for snakes as most people tend to do, just don't put fro free as then likely will end up being snake food. Hopefully they will find a good home. Rats are actually pretty smart.

Last edited:
OP
riddick07

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Nice.

Thankfully you not selling them as feeder for snakes as most people tend to do, hopefully they will find a good home. Rats are actually pretty smart.

I have 60+ snakes so Iā€™d just use them for my guys instead of selling them as feeders. Iā€™ve had pet rats over the years and love them! I had a few that would come bounding over from whatever room when I tapped on the ground. We have too many birds and cats for that now but when I was younger the pet rats were able to run around our apartment for out time.

Finding blue dumbos was actually pretty difficult locally. So Iā€™ll probably put a $20 dollar amount on them. Only someone with too much cash would spend that much on a small feeder.

OP
riddick07

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
I actually still need to test my adults for Seoul. Iā€™d like to do that before selling anyone! I have the disease kit already just need to grab the blood from the adults.

OP
riddick07

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Another update! For any rat fans if you have guesses on the colors of the two light girls let me know! The marked one has black eyes & the light one has pink eyes. Mom and Dad are visual Russian Blues. The pink guys are a different blue litter than the fuzzy ones. There had been 11 of the second litter but there is only 9 now, so two must have died of complications and momma ate them.
SvhqCH2.jpg

O7Rm6JV.jpg

eAUOoCq.jpg

wGm0WPT.jpg

Eo3Jqy0.jpg

Fq6V3cp.jpg

OiayvU5.jpg

MMARC234

Nov 20, 2018
Louisiana
Parrots
Male Pineapple GCC- Leo * Male Blue Quaker- Bluebell * Male Green Quaker- Avocado
Oh no this is making me miss my boys... if only I had more time to spend with a new baby... oh well.

Most Reactions

Latest posts