Baby conure wants attention?

Fauna

Dec 12, 2023
Parrots
Pineapple conure- Tiago
Two budgies- Edith & Azalea
I posted something not too long ago asking about my birds biting habits, but now im trying to figure out what my lil guy is trying to accomplish lol! hes a 6 month old pineapple conure named Tiago and whenever i walk into the room heā€™ll make these super cute and soft squawking noise and whenever i keep his cage open for him to do his thing, heā€™ll squawk at me and squat down like he wants to jump to me, and bob his head. the lil guy had his wings clipped and probably never learned to fly :(

Attachments

• IMG_8789.jpeg
    IMG_8789.jpeg
    296.5 KB · Views: 12

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
I posted something not too long ago asking about my birds biting habits, but now im trying to figure out what my lil guy is trying to accomplish lol! hes a 6 month old pineapple conure named Tiago and whenever i walk into the room heā€™ll make these super cute and soft squawking noise and whenever i keep his cage open for him to do his thing, heā€™ll squawk at me and squat down like he wants to jump to me, and bob his head. the lil guy had his wings clipped and probably never learned to fly :(
Are you going to let his wings grow back so he can learn to fly? I heard that if they don't learn to fly when they're young they may never learn.

OP
Fauna

Fauna

Dec 12, 2023
Parrots
Pineapple conure- Tiago
Two budgies- Edith & Azalea
Are you going to let his wings grow back so he can learn to fly? I heard that if they don't learn to fly when they're young they may never learn.
yes! ill be letting him grow back:)

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
Definitely sounds like he wants to go to you! They tend to "bob" toward what they want to go to - even if they can fly. My Ona bobs all the time at things she wants us to take her to. How cute!

Most Reactions

Latest posts