Baby food and crushed pellets?

gracebowen

Jan 14, 2015
San Antonio
Parrots
Cora lovebird
Sky parakeet
I think that its great that you "bothered" to take the time to try different pellets and come up with the allergy theory.

You then "bothered" to experiment and come up with a way for your fid to eat the pellets you thought best for her.

Doublete

Mar 15, 2015
Maryland
Parrots
"Loki" turquoise GCC 1/4/15 hatch date-- "Chiqui" amazon 9/2010 hatch date---- "Banner" green parrotlet hatchdate 11/22/16

RIP "pineapple" lovebird
I wouldn't hesitate to use the baby food in a cooked bird bread... But def wouldn't leave it out longer than an hour or two otherwise.
My bird bread ends up devoured in about 20 min...

Mimsy01

Jul 7, 2014
Parrots
GCC-Foofany
European Starling-Zeki
BCC-Ellie House Sparrow-Napolean Parakeet-Bean
I agree with baby food not being a big deal. There are tons of organic baby foods. I keep some in my cabinet all the time for in case I run out of fresh veggies for the fids.

There are some great mixed ones-chia, carrot, spinach and strawberry. (everyone loves that one) brown rice, banana, kale, and sunflower butter one too.

They are organic, they are just what they say they are. I can't imagine that because I didn't chop em they are bad.

I always go back and forth with my ideas of fresh vs frozen as well. Frozen sometimes retains more vitamins than some of the veggies and fruits you buy fresh due to be frozen right at ripeness. There are pro's and cons to everything.

whoever mentioned smoothies, I agree-I have a picky eater myself and if I make the veggies/fruit/grains into smoothie constancy they love that.

Nut butters are handy too for getting picky eaters to try stuff. Just a little nut butter mixed into the chop or the smoothie mix seems to get everyone here real interested.

I've probably said it a ton of times..but it's really easy to sprinkle cayenne and cinnamon on things you want them to eat..even pellets and most will love it. (or just lick off the spices)

Most Reactions

Latest posts