Baby Illiger's is here!

nikkiscriv

Oct 10, 2011
Dallas, TX
Parrots
Yoshi - Blue Front Amazon, Ozzy - Illiger's Macaw
Hello everyone!

Well my sweet Illiger's macaw is home, and what an amazing little guy he is!

I picked him up on Friday - I had a short business trip last week returning Friday afternoon, and his breeder coordinated a flight to arrive around the same time, so I had a little macaw baby to keep me company on the way home :D He has the cutest little voice, and I'm having so much fun trying to learn what they all mean.

He has the sweetest personality, and I am so amazed at how quickly he seems to have adjusted. He stepped up from his carrier and has done so ever since - he loves to be held and cuddled on. I knew Illiger's were supposed to be sweet and affectionate, but I did't realize just how cuddly he would be. ;)

A few pictures..

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Mozzie

Mar 20, 2012
Media
Utah
Parrots
African grey (peppers)
Blue crown conure (Mozzie)
Sun conure (sunny)
Jenday conure (Bo)
Blue fronted amazon (Casey)
He is absolutely beautiful!!! Congratulations! I'll bet you are very proud of him! Thanks for sharing pictures.

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
~Alexandrine Parakeet~2 Red Lored Amazons~Blue Fronted Amazon~Black capped conure~4 Green Cheeks~4 Parrotlets~2 lineolated parakeets~9 American budgies~9 English budgies~ And lots of babies :)
Oh my goodness is he adorable! How's yoshi taken the new addition? Thanks for sharing the pics, he is so handsome!

lene1949

Sep 26, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Parrots
Cory: Short billed Corella -
Echo: Galah -
Max: Alexandrine -
Skye: Yellow Sided conure -
Luka: Green Cheek Conure -
RIP Shrek: Quaker
He's absolutely gorgeous...

Wonder if they are available in Australia?

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
* Rosie*Rose Breasted Galah
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
[/. .

Oh he is stunning , I want him ! So cute :)
What are you going to name him ? I have a Goffin named Yoshi , lol
Good luck with your new baby , enjoy him :)

OP
nikkiscriv

nikkiscriv

Oct 10, 2011
Dallas, TX
Parrots
Yoshi - Blue Front Amazon, Ozzy - Illiger's Macaw
Thank you all! He is such an affectionate baby - although he seems to have already gotten used to being a shoulder bird, so that will have to change.

His name is not official - I tend to have trial names before I settle on one - but he is currently Ozzy :)

Yoshi has responded to him much better than I thought he would. He has not been around another bird in quite some time, so I didn't think he would be thrilled initially.

I've allowed them to be on the same play stand (supervised, of course) for a few minutes at a time. Yoshi ignores Ozzy for the most part, but Ozzy of course wants to play. I think as soon as Ozzy settles in a little bit and Yoshi gets adjusted to his little brother they will be just fine.

Lene, I'm not sure if they're available in Australia but if so I would highly recommend them. I have been so impressed with this little guy's personality.

CRYROLFE

Jul 19, 2012
Media
St. Louis, MO
Parrots
TESLA-Congo African Grey
VINNY - Vasmaeri Eclectus
Well, I just now noticed the date as to when you got Ozzy home, so he wasn't one of the babies that I got to meet at Kathy's house.
Ozzy is soooo adorable and now I REALLY, REALLY can't wait to meet our little guy/girl. Did you get a DNA for Ozzy? I read that the females tend to be lighter, but not sure if you can tell right away. I just hope we get a boy since I want to name him Lincoln....lol.
I'm sure if it's a girl, I can come up w/ a good name...
Thanks for the photos!!!

plax

Banned
Banned
Jun 29, 2012
United States
Parrots
'Jack' (Blue & Gold),
'Maynard' (Military),
'Zaffer' (Hyacinth),
'Salsa' (Green-wing)
I love the expression on his face in each of the pics. He looks like a real little sweetheart.. congrats to both of you!

Amandastander

Jul 23, 2012
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Buster turquoisegrey IRN male, Piper buttercup IRN female. 2 Budgies who will soon be relocating to my brothers home.
Oh my word! I'm in love! He's just so adorable! And he certainly looks very pleased with the world. I think a good breeder makes a world of difference in the way a new addition behaves. He has obviously had the right amt of attention and affection from the breeder. Congrats! I'm also jealous lol

Most Reactions