Babysat the Rescue Again!

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw (Titan) & Yellow Naped Amazon (Kelly)
Cleaned a bunch of cages and played with a couple birds:)

Scarlet the scarlet macaw who is becoming a little too bonded with the owner of the rescue. So she wanted me to play with her a bit while I was there. Took her out yesterday and today!

Getting into stuff...
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oaewd41HDKU"]Scar - YouTube[/ame]

Wednesday before the owners left they had her out to play and this is how she plays.... did this both times I took her out too.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kG0fP2XYdU"]Scarlet - YouTube[/ame]

Played with the owners cockatoo who she has had forever. Love this bird he is super sweet.

And Kelly the amazon...this bird has completely won me over. When I first met him he was cool but not overly interesting but everytime I go over I love him more and more:D Toady for the first time he tried to follow me around and called for me when I left the room. He even turns his head ruffles his feathers and purrs when I scratch his face:rolleyes: He was acting aggressive with everyone else today. (I'm sure he wouldn't be with the owner since he likes her too but she wasn't there obviously:)) Guessing he likes me and since I was in the room everyone else should stay away... I tried putting him on a stand and seeing if he would step for others but he wouldn't. Did the whole amazon pinning, ruffling, and tail splaying. I'm going to talk to the owners about adopting him... even though awhile ago I said I liked him but not enough to adopt him...the guy totally manipulated me into falling for him...sneaky amazon...

Anyway that was my week/weekend!

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Must be fun to work with all those beautiful birdies all the time!:D

OP
riddick07

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
I actually just got back:) Thursday was bit hectic since it was cleaning day and I made up fresh food enough for everyone but the other days were a lot of fun:D Scarlet is hilarious the way she wings those toys. We joke someones going to get knocked out.

The really funny part was when I walked into the macaw room and looked into Budgies cage, the owners scarlet macaw, and he wasn't there... He was on the opposite row opening other cages! He got the hyacinth cage next to him open and the blue and gold across from him open before I came in... He totally gave me an innocent wasn't me look when I saw him:rolleyes:

OP
riddick07

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
No the hyacinth is the owners baby:) Plus, I'm pretty sure there is already a line of people who keep trying to convince her she really doesn't love him that much....

witchbaby

Feb 4, 2014
Virginia
Parrots
cinnamon turquoise gcc - luna,
pineapple gcc - drago,
galah/rose breasted cockatoo - merlin,
timneh african grey - jasper,
pied cockatiel - picasso,
blue & gold macaw - mia
D'aww... the video of Scarlet playing was super cute!

Taw5106

Mar 27, 2014
Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
Looks like fun! Love the pics and videos thanks for posting these.

OP
riddick07

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
It is so much fun! Well the cleaning cages not so much but playing with so many birds definitely. Even getting bitten by a couple greys is ignorable:)

Here is some video of one of the shelter too we had out right before we left the rescue Saturday. Ethel super sweet lover of women but vicious with men.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rq2Z5DjUMwY"]Ahw(2) - YouTube[/ame]
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0C4MowDAmE"]Ahw(3) - YouTube[/ame]

Most Reactions