bathing ideas

JustineBird

Jun 3, 2015
Orange County California
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo
any ideas on bathing? I have a mist bottle that I spray justine with but sometimes she just flaps her wings and falls over. I tried turning on the shower on low and slowing bringin her in but she does the same thing. I was thinking of getting one of the shower purch things to see if she will stay under the water but dont know if it will work and if it is worth the money.

Christinenc2000

Oct 8, 2014
North Carolina
Parrots
Big Bird _ Blue & Gold Macaw
My Macaw HATED spray or shower. I have a extra cage so i put it on the deck.
I used the garden hose sprayer set on fine mist and let it fall over the cage. The next time I set the sprayer a little stronger. He does not LIKE it but he tolerates it and gets a good wet down once a week. Mist bottle in between. I just can't get him into the shower so this way he gets sun and bath :)

I hope by Fall I can get him so he does not fear water and I can get him into the shower.

Siobhan

Apr 19, 2015
Illinois
Parrots
Clyde, Quaker; Freddie, tiel; Rocky, umbrella cockatoo.
Somebody told me this, and I thought she was pulling my leg, but it works, it really does. Provide water and then run the vacuum. Rocky dives for his bath when I run the vacuum. It's hysterical. The rug was never so clean, either. LOL

EAI

Jul 25, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Parrots
Budgerigar: Arrow, Esther, Kratos, Cora, Ducky.

Lovebird: Izzy, Gizmo.
I personally like getting my birds outside when it's drizzling or if the rain isn't too much/heavy. They like that a lot better than a spray bottle and a bath (which is also something to try) and hey! Free water!

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
Gilbert Oliver, Blue Crown Conure; Georgie, Sun Conure (2/8/01-8/8/12) RIP little girl; Percy, budgie 1993-1999. RIP Pepito-spanish timbrado canary
Somebody told me this, and I thought she was pulling my leg, but it works, it really does. Provide water and then run the vacuum. Rocky dives for his bath when I run the vacuum. It's hysterical. The rug was never so clean, either. LOL

That is so funny. My conures have always done this too. If I am housecleaning, it's BATH TIME! I also sometimes find my bird all soaked with water splashed around his cage if he hears me upstairs in the shower. That's funny too.

Most Reactions