Bay Area Caiques??

LuigiB

Jan 17, 2014
Parrots
BH Caique - Luigi
Hi there! I'm hoping someone else in the Bay Area (California) with a Caique might be interested in a play date with our 7yo BH male Caique. We do everything possible to keep our guy healthy and happy. Looking forward to hearing from you! :)

Irishj9

Nov 20, 2011
Media
Parrots
11 caiques, 24 lovebirds
Hmm Brand new member asks owners of rare species to identify themselves?

7 year old caiques do not instantly 'take' to new friends. It is more likely to be a fight 'date'

OP
L

LuigiB

Jan 17, 2014
Parrots
BH Caique - Luigi
Hmm, not exactly the warmest welcome, Irish19. If there is a rule about what I need to identify, I didn't see it but I'm happy to oblige. I thought my post was friendly and non-threatening. Care is needed when introducing any new animal, nothing is 'instant' nor taken for granted. My Caique was hand fed and tends to get along with other Caiques, which is typical of the breed. Perhaps your Caiques aren't quite as amenable and that's fine. No need to send a new member packing before giving them a chance! I'm confused about your reference to a "fight date" - we're still talking about the fids, right? ;)

ParkersMom

Jan 18, 2013
Nashville TN
Parrots
Parker male BF Amazon hatched 5/2/2012
Charlie unsexed BF Amazon hatched 1994?
Juno Female BH Caique Hatched 6-3-2013
Welcome luigi

dskidd

Dec 6, 2012
Parrots
Eliza -- Black Headed Caique
Henry -- White-Bellied Caique
Luigi, you missed me by a few years...I grew up and lived in the Bay Area for most of my life before moving around three years ago. (Of course, I didn't have Eliza and Henry then.)

Speaking of E&H, they do seem to be able to get very cheap rates from FedEx, for some reason. So you may find them on your doorstep one day...
😉

It's interesting. Henry seems to love everything and everybody. Very mellow little guy (of course, we're talking about caiques here, so I'm using the word "mellow" in a relative sense). Eliza, on the other hand, I would definitely not recommend for a playdate...unless the "date" is, say, a leopard...
😊

Derek

punkindave

Apr 9, 2013
Media
Albums
Bethlehem, PA
Parrots
Budgie Niles, Rascal RBC-2001, Jake "footloose" CAG-2015, Butchie Triton-1988, Neyteri "Chatterbox" CAG, and the "Squeak Squad" (4 Caiques) ScooterPie 8/12, Skittles 4/13, Chica 2006, Ringo 2009
Speaking of E&H, they do seem to be able to get very cheap rates from FedEx, for some reason. So you may find them on your doorstep one day...
I caught mine trying to access my frequent flier miles account. Not sure where they were going though.. Been talking about a vacation, perhaps they thought that was the go-ahead for them to take a trip.. I'll give them my UPS account number instead, I'm sure they'll figure out how to turn a shipping box into a luxury RV.

Most Reactions