BB Purring ( video )

Christinenc2000

Oct 8, 2014
North Carolina
Parrots
Big Bird _ Blue & Gold Macaw
Sorry about the shaking. I had a dog on the couch with me when I caught BB watching the birds on the deck and purring. I guess that is what you call this. I searched a few sites and could find no other video of a Macaw Purring

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgPEpiYspqk"]YouTube[/ame]

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Christine, you have the video set on 'private'. :( If you change the settings, we can all watch BB.

OP
Christinenc2000

Christinenc2000

Oct 8, 2014
North Carolina
Parrots
Sorry hang on. Took me all day to figure how to get it uploaded from Phone to Youtube :(

Did that work ?

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
I could watch the video. Sounds like a dinosaur call to me lol. Does BB enjoy the view out the window?

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Yes, works PERFECT now! :D

ROFLMAO! Niko chimed right in with BB, HAHAHAH!!! He makes the identical sound when he sees something he's 'unsure' of. Sounds funny, doesn't it?? :D

OP
Christinenc2000

Christinenc2000

Oct 8, 2014
North Carolina
Parrots
He loves watching the birds on the deck. :( @ Dinosaur call.
It was taken with my cell phone and I was in kinda a rush to get it before he stopped. Oh well

OP
Christinenc2000

Christinenc2000

Oct 8, 2014
North Carolina
Parrots
Yes, works PERFECT now! :D

ROFLMAO! Niko chimed right in with BB, HAHAHAH!!! He makes the identical sound when he sees something he's 'unsure' of. Sounds funny, doesn't it?? :D

Yeah I have only heard him do this a few times I thought it was purring lol

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
It was taken with my cell phone and I was in kinda a rush to get it before he stopped. Oh well

Didn't mean that offensively at all:( Kiwi makes a similar noise at the squirrels outside, and I've always thought of it as a dino-call to let them know he's watching them:52::D. BB's noise just reminded me of that, just at a macaw volume!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
That is the cutest noise ever! It sounded like a sheep purring to me:)

OP
Christinenc2000

Christinenc2000

Oct 8, 2014
North Carolina
Parrots

Didn't mean that offensively at all:( Kiwi makes a similar noise at the squirrels outside, and I've always thought of it as a dino-call to let them know he's watching them:52::D. BB's noise just reminded me of that, just at a macaw volume!

Oh now sweetie not offended at all. I really had no clue what that sound was he made. He has done it a few times. Once when I was rubbing his foot LOL.
I really with the quality of the video was better.
Whew Macaw volume.
He was Yelling HI HI HELLO to the birds outside but they kept flying off so this is what I ended up with.
When I clean his dry food dish what is left gets put on the deck for the wild birds. :) He shares

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Yeah, it does kinda sound like he's been around goats...

Calling back to the herd?!

OP
Christinenc2000

Christinenc2000

Oct 8, 2014
North Carolina
Parrots
LOL No clue. At first I thought he was growling . Might be something he picked up from the dogs .

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
What a cute video, Christine! Thanks for sharing, I love the unusual noises parrots make, that's a new one for me.

veimar

Feb 5, 2014
Chicago, IL
Parrots
gcc Parry; lovebird Coco; 3 budgies (Tesla, Franky and Cesar); cockatiel Murzik, red rump parakeet girl Onyx
LOL, so cute! If I just heard the sound I'd thought it was a really loud goat. :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts