BB's birth place...

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
...Pookie's Dad DJ came to visit today,so being a fairly beautiful day here in CT,we took a ride to Beebs birth place ( here is a plug for " Parrots & Company" in Stamford CT, just to visit the kids,and me to buy more "stuff" for the fluff boy and his big green friend, ( $63 this time..seems like I keep buying more and more for both of them :rolleyes:)

This time it was a bag of their "special blend" of 'tiel seed, a short roughy perch for his tootsies that I attached on the inside of his front door,a toy,chromey colored pair of dice that hang so he can bang around,a bag of "home made" :rolleyes: 'teil treats with dried veggies and seed and a big container of Nutraberrys for the green monster.

They had some babies! a bunch of BB's and 'Nuts..a few 'too's..bare eyed..U2..a M2..a green wing,a B&G,a Hyacinth:eek:..CAG..conures, a baby double yellow head..two yellow Napes..English budgies..'keets..finches,canarys..a few different conures..and a bunch more ( wish I took pics :eek:) A few were VERY friendly,the U2 that DJ was infatuated with was a huge clown lol..very talkative fir a 'too.."hello how are you?" "pretty bird" "whats up birdie?" He was swinging from his tree stand upside down,arms out wide, hat high in the sky..and real cuddly ;),ran up DJ's arm and laid his face against DJ's cheek...the CAG was also on a perch tree,and eventually ended up with his beaky and head down,beaky touching the branch,with his eyes closed,while DJ scratched away at his head..

I ended up chasing a pied teil around the floor as he did some flapflapflapping trying to get away from me lol.

The lady said baby season has ended..only price I got was for "a baby Grey",didnt matter if it was a congo or a smokey (timneh) $1900 :eek:.. kinda pricey to me!
All in all it was a great visit...next time it'll be with my camera in hand!!

Jim

Last edited:

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
Wow it,s worth 63 bucks just to see all those beautiful birds. Plus you got the seeds.
I guess I did not do to bad price wise for my Bella.
Even though she was not in the best of shape when I got her. If she had been healthy and fully feathered I might not have worked so hard to get her.
next time do take pictures if you can.
texsize/wes

Tropical

Oct 13, 2015
Palm Beach
Parrots
Two Cockatiels: Rascal (Geraldine) and his baby brother named Coconut!
Cool! That trip sounded interesting.. that place sounds like it had a lot of action going on haha

It is indeed always fun to go to the bird store :D

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
I am so squeamish and afraid I'll see a bird that looks ill or sad or whatever... I can't even go to a bird store. I'm a mess.

But if you go first and make sure all the birds are okay and then post pictures, that works for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
AmyMyBlueFront

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
I am so squeamish and afraid I'll see a bird that looks ill or sad or whatever... I can't even go to a bird store. I'm a mess.

But if you go first and make sure all the birds are okay and then post pictures, that works for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gail this is an awesome place..all the birdies are birdies from their breeders,except the little budgies.. All the critters are vet checked and in perfect health.
They had an inside aviary with little finches..I bet there was a dozen or more of different species..they had little nest houses,twiggy type round houses..little beakys sticking out of the entrance doors...and some black/dark colored ground walking birdies..Australian something-or-others lol.
Believe me Gail,you would have loved it :D

Jim

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.

Gail this is an awesome place..all the birdies are birdies from their breeders,except the little budgies.. All the critters are vet checked and in perfect health.
They had an inside aviary with little finches..I bet there was a dozen or more of different species..they had little nest houses,twiggy type round houses..little beakys sticking out of the entrance doors...and some black/dark colored ground walking birdies..Australian something-or-others lol.
Believe me Gail,you would have loved it :D

Jim

I totally understand, Gail. There are bird stores, and then there are Bird Stores! :yellow1::blue2::red1::rainbow1::yellow2::green1:

Some are worthy of the name, others terrible holding facilities.

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Thank you gentlemen!

I feel braver with you vetting bird places for me!

:worship2:

Most Reactions

Latest posts