beans?

burley

Apr 17, 2010
Oriential NC
Parrots
"VAL" greenwing macaw
I picked up a bag of mixed dried beans at the grocery store. They look like bird food. Can I feed them to my greenwing like they are or do i have to soak and cook them?

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
I would not feed the mixed beans to the bird out of the bag. First you would wash them a couple of times and soak a few in water overnight. Now you have two choices, feed at that time or cook to be softer. Best way is to get beans for sprouting. I did purchase a bag of mixed soup beans too and cooked them but bird did not eat. As with many foods we try we waste quite a bit.

OP
burley

burley

Apr 17, 2010
Oriential NC
Parrots
"VAL" greenwing macaw
Yes this is a bag of soup bean mix. I will wash and soak and then feed. If she eats them , great. if she dont the peacocks outside will get a treat. They will eat anything!

parrotqueen

Jan 14, 2010
Media
United States
Parrots
Pineapple & Sunshine--Gray/wildtype male cockatiels
Sorry, a little off topic-- You have peacocks over there? That's amazing! I love those guys.

OP
burley

burley

Apr 17, 2010
Oriential NC
Parrots
"VAL" greenwing macaw
I have 1 pair of India blue peafowl. They make it feel tropical. When I am down on the dock cleaning fish for people, My greenwing showing off, then the peacock screams, It feels like I am in the islands for just a miniute.

HRH Di

Jan 9, 2010
Media
McKinney, TX
Parrots
Max - Alexandrine, Jade - Red-Front Macaw, Ruby - CAG
Speaking of peacocks....there's a neighborhood here in Dallas that has peacocks roaming all over it. There are even a couple of white ones. Some of the residents hate them because they're so territorial.

I think they're great.

OP
burley

burley

Apr 17, 2010
Oriential NC
Parrots
"VAL" greenwing macaw
Years ago when I had my M2, I had a pair of white peafowl. I loved it when the white peacock would display while my M2 was outside. It was a definate compatetion to see who was prettier, and Louder!!!!

HRH Di

Jan 9, 2010
Media
McKinney, TX
Parrots
Max - Alexandrine, Jade - Red-Front Macaw, Ruby - CAG
i the Whiterock Lake area. I always want to go over there, but I never really have a reason or the time.

Most Reactions