Behavior Changed

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
Well , thanks for doing what i would/have done. All you can do is the best you can. Your making an effort. I hope it works out. i am glad he found you to give him a chance. Thank you. Hope the forum can help.

OP
J

jan788

Jun 17, 2014
Rialto, CA
Parrots
2 Yellow-naped Amazons
Well , thanks for doing what i would/have done. All you can do is the best you can. Your making an effort. I hope it works out. i am glad he found you to give him a chance. Thank you. Hope the forum can help.

Awe thank you, we are really trying. My husband tried what you suggested whenever our Zon would scream, but I guess our Zon wants his attention too. He seems to have a love/hate relationship with my husband. So I guess my husband is not a "bad guy" to get him to stop. I cant think of anyone else that would be a "bad guy". Would you have any other suggestions to get our Zon from screaming? We tried ignoring him but yesterday he went an hour straight until we came and sat in the same room. He screamed a lil bit more but then got quiet. As soon as he got quiet, I gave him attention. But this route doesnt seem to work on him. The more we ignore him and leave the room, the more he screams. And he screams for more than an hour straight at a time.

(This forum is great. I'm glad I became a member.)

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
i wish i had a magic answer for that behavior. If the bad guy doesn't work (it does for me) then try some of the articles by Jane Doss, Barbra Henrick (goodbird inc)and some of the others. Don't buy anything,loads of free stuff on the internet. if he's screaming ,it's for a reason.The trick is to figure out why. Lonely,hunger,missing his old flock,etc. Sometimes it takes weeks/months or even longer for amazons to adjust . They are very long lived birds who like their routine. They do adapt better than most other large parrots sometimes it just takes awhile. Try putting his cage closer to the center of activities in your home, they like to be involved. All of us wish we had better insight into what makes our birds tick, maybe try and see the world though his eyes.

OP
J

jan788

Jun 17, 2014
Rialto, CA
Parrots
2 Yellow-naped Amazons
i wish i had a magic answer for that behavior. If the bad guy doesn't work (it does for me) then try some of the articles by Jane Doss, Barbra Henrick (goodbird inc)and some of the others. Don't buy anything,loads of free stuff on the internet. if he's screaming ,it's for a reason.The trick is to figure out why. Lonely,hunger,missing his old flock,etc. Sometimes it takes weeks/months or even longer for amazons to adjust . They are very long lived birds who like their routine. They do adapt better than most other large parrots sometimes it just takes awhile. Try putting his cage closer to the center of activities in your home, they like to be involved. All of us wish we had better insight into what makes our birds tick, maybe try and see the world though his eyes.

Thank you henpecked!

Most Reactions