Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/
Pepper - Congo African Grey/

Rest in Peace Rio
I feed my Grey Harrison High Potency Coarse Pellets, and my GCC Harrisons Fine. Plus lots of veggies, fruits, grains, chop, mash, etc, etc.

MickeysMom

Feb 13, 2012
Media
Albums
Brookhaven, Pa
Parrots
Mickey - Female U2 age unknown. DNA test came back...he is a SHE,

Tinker 12 yr old female GCC

Chiquita 16 yr old Female U2 and Junior 16 yr old Male Grey
I feed my Grey Harrison High Potency Coarse Pellets, and my GCC Harrisons Fine. Plus lots of veggies, fruits, grains, chop, mash, etc, etc.

This for both our Cockatoos and Grey (and the conure)......plus some seed/dried fruit/nut mix .....just a big variety of everything. Ours eat dinner with us and have some of everything we're eating (of course, no Chocolate, Avacodos or caffiene) they also get oatmeal with fruit most mornings, and "chop" with fresh veggies added for their dinner....birdie bread for snacks.....I think they actually eat better than we do!

sarafigal

Aug 31, 2012
Media
Nashville, TN
Parrots
Queequeg (rescued BFA, 34)
Winston (rescued CAG, 25)
Cyrus (adopted GCC, 2)
Houdini, Peeper, and Little Blue--the Budgie Trio
What a wonderful adoption! How did this blessing come to be? Sounds like there must be a story...

I've been moving my older rescued Amazon from seed/nut/pellet mixture to pellets, and it's taking work. Harrison's were a no-go. Zupreem seem to be more appealing, but still not loved. Nevertheless, they get eaten. Then she gets nutriberries stuffed into foraging toys, and servings of chop and chunks of veggies/fruit twice a day. Then throw in the odd french fry or piece of toast from my husband, and that pretty much does it. Same with my Conure: Zupreem pellets, almonds as the favored treat, and fresh stuff (he's still getting used to it).

Most Reactions