Beware!!!!

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
~Alexandrine Parakeet~2 Red Lored Amazons~Blue Fronted Amazon~Black capped conure~4 Green Cheeks~4 Parrotlets~2 lineolated parakeets~9 American budgies~9 English budgies~ And lots of babies :)
When conures attack!!!!!!!!!!!!
Image49.jpg

Hehe, sorry I had to! Billy landed on my head and was having blast playing with my hair, he kept sliding more and more down onto my face as he got more and more excited, couldn't resist but to switch on the webcam and snap a few shots :)
Image48.jpg

Image47.jpg

Have a good evening all!

TurquoiseMel

Aug 10, 2011
NJ
Parrots
Green Cheek Conures
Turquoise: Loquito (Little crazy) aka Loqui.
Cinnamon: Lila
Hahaha. Would be bad really timing for her to go number two!! lmbo!!

OP
IcyWolf

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
~Alexandrine Parakeet~2 Red Lored Amazons~Blue Fronted Amazon~Black capped conure~4 Green Cheeks~4 Parrotlets~2 lineolated parakeets~9 American budgies~9 English budgies~ And lots of babies :)
Haha, my SO kept saying the same thing, luckily he is getting much better about only going "poopy poopy", as we've been calling it, on his cage. :)

TurquoiseMel

Aug 10, 2011
NJ
Parrots
Green Cheek Conures
LOL I wanna potty train mine soooo bad! I just got him & he doesn't trust me yet, so I can't really work on any real training - he won't even step up. Actually the opposite, he flees when he sees hands lol. But I really am getting tired of cleaning all the poop off the floors every other hour. Lucky your Billy Joe came to you so well socialized. I'm jelly lol

OP
IcyWolf

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
I just say "poopy poopy!" in a really excited voice every time he goes, I try to catch it before hand so I can have him go to his cage first, but that doesn't always happen. If he goes on his cage then he gets a treat :) I can't see any reason why you couldn't try something like this with your bird as well. Everytime you see that he is about to go, mine do a little ruffle before they go, just pick a word like poopy or potty or whatever you want and say it everytime. Soon enough he should make the connection and once he knows what potty means you can start to direct him to do it in a certain place. We definitely don't have it down completely yet so I'm super happy we got our washing machine yesterday :)

TurquoiseMel

Aug 10, 2011
NJ
Parrots
Green Cheek Conures
Well I don't think I can start yet coz he won't accept my hand anywhere near him & it takes him a while to accept treats from me still. But I guess I could start by adding a word connection to the pooping action lol.

Most Reactions

Latest posts