Kaya

Aug 19, 2012
Australia
Parrots
Wispy (Cinnamon green cheek conure)
Rhea & Thor (Sun conure siblings)
Pheonix (Dusky lory)
Aslan'akai (Alexandrine)
Bought this cage off ebay, its quite large: eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d

Just wondering whether it might be big enough for more than one small/medium bird. Was thinking something along the lines of an alexanderine and a few Australian Neophemas or conures. Maybe even an eclectus but I've heard they can be teritorial?

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
the page didn't load.

Just be aware all birds should have their own space. A large outdoor aviary or large stand/cage to play in is fine but they should still have their own separate cages.

Ginkai

Mar 20, 2012
Brisbane, Australia
Parrots
Eastern Galah - Suki Lala 10 months old
Greyhound Cross - Max 7 years old
Great Dane Cross - Marque 2 years old
Rats -Lola 1yr old, Tsuyu, Enya, Fury all 6 months old, Cookie 8 weeks
Didn't load for me either. And I agree with copper they need thier own space unless its an aviary.

OP
Kaya

Kaya

Aug 19, 2012
Australia
Parrots
Wispy (Cinnamon green cheek conure)
Rhea & Thor (Sun conure siblings)
Pheonix (Dusky lory)
Aslan'akai (Alexandrine)
This is my cage
nbyes1.jpg

Three people can fit in there xD

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
Sully-2 year old cinnamon and Bella-3 year old normal
breeding pair of gcc, Scooter & BeeBee-Sully and Bella's normal son's, Rosey- Bella and Sully's cinnamon daughter, Ella & Sunny-American budgies
That would be big enough for one alexandrine, by itself. It could house an eclectus(by itself too) but not more than one bird. If the bar spacing is 1/2" then it could house a pair of conures but you couldn't put different species together.

paulhanlon

Banned
Banned
Jun 10, 2012
Media
Newton aycliffe Co.Durham
Parrots
Jinx - Blue Fronted Amazon hatched 12.06.2012
I have stood by one of these cages in the pet store it houses a green wing macaw named jax he has loads of room to flap his wings and move around its a nice cage I'd sure have one if I had the space lol

wenz2712

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2011
Media
That is a great Cage! I have seen it in the Pet Shop and it has plenty of space, but, I would be very relucatant to put 2 different species in there together!

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
~Alexandrine Parakeet~2 Red Lored Amazons~Blue Fronted Amazon~Black capped conure~4 Green Cheeks~4 Parrotlets~2 lineolated parakeets~9 American budgies~9 English budgies~ And lots of babies :)
I know someone that has a very large cage that has green cheeks, crimson bellies and a painted conure all living happily together BUT they have been together since they were babies. I'd be very careful getting adults or even recently weaned babies and trying to house them together. And I wouldn't put more than one alex in a cage unless they are properly bonded to each other, alex's can be very territorial. Sorry, can't speak towards the ekkie as I've never really worked with them too much.

Most Reactions