Big progress (with pictures).

Frumpydumple

Apr 21, 2013
Durham, UK.
Parrots
My birds: Skyler/Sky, violet Indian Ringneck. Mother's birds: Norman, African Grey and Mildred, Blue Crowned Conure.
I let Nova out again yesterday. It went great this time.

Before I let him out he took food from my hand through the bars. I got him some new toys and he isn't scared of them at all. He even seems to like toys more than Merle.

Anyway, when I let him out he sat on a small travel cage and ate orange from my hand while pinning his eyes like crazy.

I also managed to scratch his beak and his head with a finger trap. :D He seems to enjoy scratches.

Some pictures of him getting scratches with a finger trap. His feathers were slightly wet because I was spraying him with some aloe spray.

I didn't have to chase him with a perch to get him back in his cage either.
I wrapped my arm with a jacket and he stepped up and then I put him back in his cage. :jumping40

a_osborne

Feb 17, 2013
Ohio
Parrots
Green cheek conure - Eva
Lutino Indian Ringneck - Adrian
Blue head pionus - Milo
Sounds like Nova is settling in. He's so fluffy!

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Nice progress with Nova! Very pretty bird.

4dugnlee

Apr 27, 2014
Ohio
Parrots
Sassy - 13 y.o. Blue Front Amazon, Cisco - 6 y.o. Sun Conure, Peanut - 8 y.o. U2
Fred - 2(?) y.o. Cockatiel, Ginger - 3 or 4(?) y.o. Cockatiel
He's such a pretty bird! Love his color!

Dinosrawr

Aug 15, 2013
Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Parrots
Avery, a GCC born on March 5th, 2013 & Shiko, a blue IRN born on February 25th, 2014
Awesome! I'm so happy for you! He's so gorgeous. I love how cute ringnecks look when they get all fluffy :)

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
That's A LOT of progress already in such a short time really. It's going to be no problem making him a good pet in no time :).

I don't think he was that wild to begin with, or it wouldn't happen this quickly. He was just new and scared that's all! Good to hear the update!

Most Reactions