Michigan
Parrots
One Quaker, Nico
"Stop what you're doing and pet me human!"

Tropical

Oct 13, 2015
Palm Beach
Parrots
Two Cockatiels: Rascal (Geraldine) and his baby brother named Coconut!
She's so cute! I love the random white spots she has on her head :) It's the same thing both my tiels have which shows the little bit of pied in them.

OP
Vilatus

Vilatus

Jul 17, 2017
Michigan
Parrots
One Quaker, Nico
She's so cute! I love the random white spots she has on her head :) It's the same thing both my tiels have which shows the little bit of pied in them.
Is that what it is? I've been wondering about it. You can't see in the picture, but she has a ton of yellow flecks on her head.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Tropical

Oct 13, 2015
Palm Beach
Parrots
Two Cockatiels: Rascal (Geraldine) and his baby brother named Coconut!
Is that what it is? I've been wondering about it. You can't see in the picture, but she has a ton of yellow flecks on her head.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yup, many grey tiels have a little bit of pied in them. It's sad but it's very rare to get a true natural grey these days. My tiel "Rascal" looks like a normal grey but he's got a little bit of pied in him and has several white spots on the back of his head so does my cinnamon tiel named "Coconut" who is a cinnamon/pied tiel

Rascal's feet were very light in color with dark spots all over his feet when he was a baby but his feet turned solid dark color as he grew up... but the white spots on his head were retained and many grey tiels if you look closely show they are a mix of grey and pied or other variations :D

Rascal was 3 months in below pic.. check out his FEET!!
25k0ldk.jpg

Rascal is 5 years old in below pic... now he only shows he has pied in him by the white spots on his head... and check out his feet now... they morphed into something different! LOL :) ... but he wasn't able to conceal all the pied in him so he ain't fool'in anyone hehe

... so your tiel has white spots on her head because her parents were definitely not normal true legit greys :D

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts