Billie is unwell

Kirstyr

Nov 9, 2022
Parrots
Gold and blue macaw
So yesterday Billie kept being sick and was very sleepy/lifeless. We took her to the vet and they said her sick smelled yeasty so have prescribed nystan, emeprid and metacam. Today she is much the same. Sleepy, not very active. Just not herself at all. She's eating small amounts and drinking. I have biotic powder for water and she's drinking it. Has anyone else's parrot had this yeast/fungal infection? I don't know how she could get this 😪.

OP
Kirstyr

Kirstyr

Nov 9, 2022
Parrots
Gold and blue macaw
So yesterday Billie kept being sick and was very sleepy/lifeless. We took her to the vet and they said her sick smelled yeasty so have prescribed nystan, emeprid and metacam. Today she is much the same. Sleepy, not very active. Just not herself at all. She's eating small amounts and drinking. I have biotic powder for water and she's drinking it. Has anyone else's parrot had this yeast/fungal infection? I don't know how she could get this 😪.
IMG_20230805_185109_139.jpg

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
Hi there, yes I do have an Eclectus parrot who has a tendency to get infections both bacterial & fungal. It’s definitely not fun. The meds can take some time to kick in. Just make sure your parrot is eating, and track weight.

I myself when my parrots are sick isolate them to a quiet room so they can rest. I then allow for a lot of rest. I have a blink camera I’ll place in there to check in. I’ll go in there to change food, and water. I do this until my parrot is feeling better.

I hope Billie feels better!

OP
Kirstyr

Kirstyr

Nov 9, 2022
Parrots
Gold and blue macaw
Update on Billie...... all blood tests are done. Xray showed something lighter near intestine could be nothing or could be she's ate something she shouldn't have. She's really tired tonight. So glad to have her home. What a worry. Hoping all bloods come back normal and it's just been an upset tummy.🙏

Attachments

• IMG-20230808-WA0012.jpeg
    IMG-20230808-WA0012.jpeg
    139.3 KB · Views: 18

LeaKP

Aug 11, 2014
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Congo African Grey
Update on Billie...... all blood tests are done. Xray showed something lighter near intestine could be nothing or could be she's ate something she shouldn't have. She's really tired tonight. So glad to have her home. What a worry. Hoping all bloods come back normal and it's just been an upset tummy.🙏
Thank you for this update, I’ve been waiting to hear since I saw she was at the vet’s. Hoping that this passes quickly and she’s right as rain very soon. She’s beautiful by the way.

OP
Kirstyr

Kirstyr

Nov 9, 2022
Parrots
Gold and blue macaw
Update..... Billie seems more energetic and started biting again so that's a good sign. Eating and drinking normal. Pooping normal. This is day 2 on antibiotics. Blood results should be back tomorrow.

OP
Kirstyr

Kirstyr

Nov 9, 2022
Parrots
Gold and blue macaw
Update..... Billies results were all clear. They said it was a crop infection. She is alot better now. Antibiotics have cleared the infection. She is back to her cheeky self 😁

Attachments

• IMG_20230811_155212_217.jpg
    IMG_20230811_155212_217.jpg
    280.8 KB · Views: 8

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Update..... Billies results were all clear. They said it was a crop infection. She is alot better now. Antibiotics have cleared the infection. She is back to her cheeky self 😁
This is great news, I am so happy to know Billie is doing so much better!

Most Reactions

Latest posts