Bird Bath

darkling

Apr 13, 2011
Alabama
Parrots
RIP Pi - Sun Conure 02/06/11 - 09/10/11
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Hagen-Vision-Bird-Bath/dp/B001B5A8FK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1308252719&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Vision Bird Bath: Kitchen & Dining[/ame]

Would this be any good for a conure?

LoveMauiGus

Jun 14, 2011
Milwaukee, WI
Parrots
Maui - Sun Conure,
Gus - Yellow Collared Macaw
Does your conure like dish bathing? Mine wont touch a bath, but LOVES getting sprayed. That looks like a good size though, does it attach to the cage?

OP
darkling

darkling

Apr 13, 2011
Alabama
Parrots
It attaches to the cage on the inside. I saw some that are meant for the cages with the doors that slide up and down but this one can hang from the cage itself.

Pi doesn't much care for a bath at all yet but I was hoping if I gave her the option to bathe whenever she wanted she might be more interested.

Well, I should say ... She doesn't like to bathe herself. She likes it when I sprinkle water onto her from my fingertips. I swear this bird is training ME.

LoveMauiGus

Jun 14, 2011
Milwaukee, WI
Parrots
Maui - Sun Conure,
Gus - Yellow Collared Macaw
How does Pi act when you spray the sink hose (not at her) or turn the shower on? That was my first hint that Maui wanted to have a spray bath, not dish. He went gonzo! I don't spray him directly, I just deflect the water off my hand/arm so it sprays a light mist. He loves it, but I don't know if all Suns have the same bathing preference

If she doesn't seem interested, it can't hurt to try the bath dish!

suebee

Jan 13, 2011
lol nut like to be spritz on me or my son, she use to like the water trickled of fingers lol

i've tried a dish of water in her cage, nothing happened, every now an again (very rare) she will bath in her water dish, but she just does not like to stand in water lol

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
I did not get anything special for Cricket. If he sees something with water in it he jumps in. He is a real water baby. I just use bowls from the kitchen and sometimes he uses his water dish in the cage.

OP
darkling

darkling

Apr 13, 2011
Alabama
Parrots
She acted afraid of being spritzed and she nearly flipped herself backwards off my hand when I showed her the veggie sprayer. She stretches her wings out and squirms all over the place when I trickle water over her back and head though. She just *loves* that!

I don't mind doing it at all. Its really kind of cute and fun but I thought it might be nice if she could choose for herself when to bathe. I guess I'll try offering her a bowl of water to play in and see how that works out.

suebee

Jan 13, 2011
oh childs watering can :) can be her shower, nut liked that at the start lol

Kokihi

Aug 11, 2010
Santa Barbara county, California
Parrots
One Green Cheek Conure: Tori
Tori LOVES to bathe in a dish. He doesn't go for it at first (I usually can't get the same dish twice in a row so he doesn't trust it) but when he gets in he doesn't want to get out. XD

He comes in the shower with me too, sometimes. I have a cool showerhead with different settings and it has a mist setting that I use with him. I just hold him near the stream and he hangs out on my hand.

The way he gets his bath depends on how much he needs it. I don't usually offer him anything in his cage to bathe with because all he does with it is drop his food in the water and let it sit there. It ends up leaving the water too dirty for him to bathe in anyway.

Most Reactions

Latest posts